Insurance Collections Specialist *Sign On Bonus for Eligible Preferred Specialty Experience*
The Insurance Specialist I is responsible for accounts receivable through insurance claims follow-up, denial management, and appeal. This position requires knowledge of Federal, State, and payor regulations, reimbursement methodologies, and communication with third party payors to facilitate timely and accurate reimbursement.
*Eligible for a yearly bonus based on performance*
*Flexible Schedule Options*
*Sign-On Bonus for confirmed experience in one of the following specialties*
Family Practice / Internal Medicine / Primary Care: $500
Cardiology / Oncology / Rheumatology: $1,000
Job Type: Full-time
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- A good understanding of medical terminology, to include CPT codes, ICD-10 codes, modifiers, and payor policies/guidelines pertaining to assigned specialty
- Interact with insurance carriers to check claim status and/or dispute denials by telephone and payor websites
- Utilize payor websites and other resources to conduct research
- Identify denial trends and communicates findings to leadership
- Maintains AR over 90 days at or less than 9%
- Contact patients for additional information when necessary
- Meets daily, weekly, and monthly productivity quotas
- Work special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand, support and comply with policies, procedures and internal controls in accordance with best business practices across the organization
- Graduate of Health Insurance Specialist Certificate or Degree program preferred OR High School Diploma. Bachelors preferred.
- Minimum two years billing, insurance follow-up, denials management experience – appeals.
- Expert working knowledge of EOB’s, copay/coinsurance/deductibles, denial codes, insurance allowable, adjustments, write offs, Understanding of Managed Care contracts, denials and payor methodology.
- Expert knowledge of UB and 1500 claim forms
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, United, Aetna, Humana, Workers Comp and MVA payer and billing policies
- Expert knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Knowledge of charge posting and EDI preferred
- Ability to navigate different computer systems
- Accounting Principles, Basic Office Skills required; advanced office skills are preferred.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written); must be able to collaborate effectively and work in a team environment
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage numerous competing priorities
- Excellent phone skills
- Experience with Allergy/Endocrinology collections preferred
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability to sit for long periods of time while on the phone.
- Maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Able to handle stressful situations.
- Able to meet deadlines.
**To Apply Please Visit www.floridamedicalclinic.com/careers**