Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) are part of a team that provides compassionate care to the frailest elderly who have chronic and acute illnesses or injuries living in their homes. Our LCSWs deliver primary, urgent, and acute care and counseling to a wide variety of patients with social and behavioral problems. The LCSW will be accountable for caring for patients, connecting patients and their families to support services, maintaining accurate and current patient records, and scheduling and administering initial, urgent, and follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our physicians, advanced practice clinicians, and care team coordinator to assist in delivering quality care to every patient. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient.
- Performs psychosocial assessments and provides therapeutic services to patients and their families
- Works closely with the Behavioral Health Medical Director to manage complex patient cases and transitions of care
- A resource for the MyCare community in managing complex Behavioral Health cases
- Manages complex behavioral and psychosocial needs that result in improved clinical and financial outcomes
- Maintains constant communication with patients when addressing their concerns and goals and helping them keep positive attitudes
- Builds rapport with patients and their families and relays all concerns to the provider
- Assists members to effectively utilize available resources to meet their personal health goals and help them develop their own capabilities
- Monitors patient progress and adjusts patient treatment plan as needed
- Coordinates with other healthcare providers, agencies, and community resources in order to create a thorough treatment plan addressing social, cultural, and financial needs
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and MyCare clinical guidelines
- Follows a thorough assessment completed by an Advanced Practice Clinician (APC)
- Partners with community team to refer patients to appropriate no- or low-cost community services that support health and independence such as Meals On Wheels (MOW), local Area Agencies on Aging (AAA), Senior & Assistance Programs, and transportation resources
- Involves the patient's families and primary caregiver(s) as needed to achieve the best care decisions and outcomes
- Effectively collaborates with all those involved in the members' care, including health services contractors (i.e., Home Health, Hospice, Community Agencies), to meet the patients' care goals
- Consults with and advises the Clinical Team regarding the relationship of social, emotional, and cultural factors to health and medical care, and to the availability of social services in the community
- Complies with safety policies and procedures, identifying and immediately reporting any potential or actual unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor/team. Takes necessary measures to ensure a safe environment for oneself, co-workers, contractors, participants, visitors, and others
- Consistently meets or exceeds MyCare targets for productivity, customer service, quality assessment, and performance targets
- Maintains current written progress notes and other documentation on the member Medical Record including signed and dated documentation for all service performed the day the service is provided
- Participates in program and policy development of the MyCare Social Work program
- Other tasks needed to accomplish team's objectives/goals
- Master's Degree in Social Work required
- 1+ years of clinical social work experience with the geriatric population required
- Minimum of two years social work experience, preferably in healthcare, and minimum one year experience working with the elderly population preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, though not required.
- Current unrestricted LCSW Licensure required
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibility
- Travel requirements: Travel may be required up to 80% locally
- Work Conditions:
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs. Moving, lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with weights of more than 100lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to drive to patient locations (i.e., home, hospital, SNF, etc.). Fine motor skills/Visual acuity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurances
- FSA and Life Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health Advocacy, Travel Assistance, and My Secure Advantage
- PTO Accrual and Holidays
Powered by JazzHR
MyCare Medical Group
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
Get fresh Licensed Clinical Social Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.