Full-Time, Monday - Friday Work Week, Days (Example: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM) Flexible to meet business need
Hands-on Clinical Medical Physicist
Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is the largest independent medical oncology/hematology practice in the United States. With over 200 physicians, based in 100+ locations across Florida, we are committed to providing world-class cancer care in community-based settings close to home.
Our 3000+ team members enjoy:
Work/Life balance – many locations have no weekend and/or night shift hours
Comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance Paid time off Holiday pay Tuition reimbursement CEU hours 401(k) with company match
Under the direction of the Director of Medical Physics and the Vice President Radiation Oncology and Radiology, the Clinical Medical Physicist provides physics support to the department including:
Perform day-to-day clinical physics and dosimetry activities related to the operations of the Florida Cancer Specialist Radiation Oncology Centers under the direction of the Director of Medical Physics. The physics and dosimetry team provides technical services to meet the organizational mission of high quality and safety in the delivery of effective and efficient clinical radiation oncology care. This includes consultation with physicians, as well as treatment plan development and implementation in collaboration with members of the radiation oncology team (i.e. physicians, dosimetrists, therapists, and nursing staff), and quality assurance of treatment delivery and systems. Travel between radiation oncology centers (approx. 25 miles) may be required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. with ABR certification in Therapeutic Radiologic Physics
- At least 2 years of clinical experience and a strong commitment to the highest clinical standards.
- Clinical knowledge of Varian Trilogy and TrueBeam accelerator systems, Eclipse TPS, Aria TMS, Portal Dosimetry and GammaMed HDR or equivalent types of equipment is required. Clinical knowledge of Brainlab Exac Trac and Variseed TPS or equivalent types of equipment is also desired
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Florida Licensure is mandatory (FL TRP)