This position will work closely with site leadership and the brewing staff to ensure process and product consistency as well as beer production goals. This position oversees the brewing and packaging operations as well as quality control and maintenance. The individual will work closely with production planning and purchasing functions. As part of the leadership team, the Lead Brewer will be expected to contribute to our continued growth and expansion
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure production goals are met while working closely with site
leadership. Collaborate on all production activities and create schedules to
meet sales forecasts and demands
• Oversee the Company’s Quality program and practices with regards to beer production.
• Ensure compliance standards are consistently met or exceeded
• Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to
safety, quality, efficiency, cost optimization and profitability.
• Researches and implements industry trends and compliance initiatives to evolve the brewery operations standards.
• Oversee the design, operation and improvement of systems that produce the Florida Avenue’s products. Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit.
• Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 5-year professional brewing and/or cellar experience is required
• 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role
• Ability to work varied shifts
• Proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Attention to detail
• Open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
Education and Certification:
• Associate degree or higher in related field or trade education is preferred
• Certified Cicerone Beer Server preferred
• Forklift certification preferred
• Must be able to lift 50lbs to shoulder height and push or pull 160lbs
• Must be able to work on your feet for 10 hours
• Must be able to crouch, bend, lift and reach
• Must be able to work in hot, wet, and loud environment
• Must be able to work with and around steam, electricity, harsh chemicals, and solvents
• Continual moving, lifting, and manipulation of hoses, buckets, pumps, and other parts that require extended standing, lifting, crouching, and walking throughout shift
Salary and Benefits:
• Rate of pay commensurate with experience
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Short-term disability and long-term disability
• Life Insurance
• 401k with Company Match
• Company Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Free Draft Beer
• Employment Type: Full-Time
• Job Type: Exempt
• Pay Type: Salary
• Supervisor: VP of Production
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.