What We Do
Florence (florencehc.com) helps advance cures by making clinical trial document management simple, secure and productive. Our industry-leading platform enables remote connectivity and electronic document workflow management for clinical research organizations around the world. Our software is used by over 8,000 study sites across 30 countries.
What You’ll Bring to the Team.
Florence is seeking an energetic MongoDB Database Developer and/or Database Engineer with a passion for automation and a keen attention to security and scalability design principles. As part of the engineering and software architecture organization you will be advancing a Florence database platform capable of sustaining the rapid shift in health sciences to cloud based solutions. You will bring a healthy obsession with data quality and a willingness to partner with security and compliance experts, understanding the unique data sovereignty requirements of a global customer base. At Florence, voices are heard and individuals are respected and we expect you to ask questions, be curious, and share your story.
- Contribute to our culture, invent new ways to address customer needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Learn the existing database infrastructure, consisting of multi region MongoDB Cloud hosted clusters across several Atlas projects
- Work with product and engineering teams to evolve data models with a platform focus on a global scale
- Contribute data model and data flow designs during the software release cycle, advising on critical features and scalability, participating in the technical design process
- Participate in automation of tasks related to managing database infrastructure using Terraform and MongoDB Atlas API
- Support customers needs by providing timely data insights and reports, collaborating with customer facing teams on a regular basis including ad hoc reports and dashboards
- Build data sets and test cases for performance verification of new features
- Engineer, design and deploy of MongoDB database/projects.
- Design and implement sharding and indexing strategies for MongoDB.
- Advise MongoDB high-availability strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Maintain MongoDB databases/DB projects
- Advise with MongoDB scaling
- Design, implement and manage the security of MongoDB databases
- Responsible for MongoDB backups and restores
- Design and improve disaster recovery plans for the MongoDB databases
- Administer MongoDB to achieve 100% availability
- Collaborate with others team to solve technical issues
- Research, test, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) with match for best use cases.
- Maintain detailed documentation of database Design/Architecture and setup.
- Provide training to members of the Database team on MongoDB
We’ll Be Extra Excited If You Are/Have:
- 3-5 years of experience with database development and administration
- Experience with MongoDB in production environments
- Experience with Mongo Atlas
- Strong understanding of both relational and document database paradigms
- Experience manipulating large datasets and tuning high-performance queries
- Intense focus on data security best practices
- Participated in disaster recovery planning and testing for mission critical systems
- Proficient with AWS services including IAM and S3 configuration
- Proficient with Git
What’s in it for you?
- Do well. We offer exceptional salary + equity compensation, 401(k), fun remote activities, the PC setup of your choice and office space(remote currently due to COVID) in the heart of Atlanta, as well as medical and dental insurance.
- Do good. We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping advance cures and therapies
- Enjoy. Our office is in Midtown, we are currently remote due to COVID
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, or any other protected class.
Powered by JazzHR