Floravere is looking to hire a full-time Operations Lead to own all production and operations tasks.
Floravere is a direct-to-consumer female-founded brand on a mission to change the way women make one of the most memorable purchases of their life — their wedding dress. We believe that any woman who wants to walk down the aisle in an unforgettable, couture-quality wedding gowns should be able to, so we’re disrupting the stuffy, antiquated bridal industry by making luxury wedding dresses radically accessible. We are VC-backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Allbirds, and The Wing, and have been featured in Vogue, NYTimes, and Fast Company.
You are a proactive Solutions Creator, and often the first one to spot the problems that need solving. You are a cost center hub and Excel wizard. You are always willing to jump in and assist with projects and tasks that “aren’t your job,” understanding that working for a start-up can mean wearing multiple hats at times, and welcoming the opportunity to support the team on cross-functional projects.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- 2-3 years of experience in an apparel company, in a production or operations role.
- Experience with importing.
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle, and ability to travel during the work day.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Dropbox, Google Drive, Shopify, Shipstation.
- Overseas Production Coordination: Create PO’s for MTO production and shepherd them through the production process, coordinating to ensure all MTO’s are made correctly and delivered on time from the factory. Maintain constant communication with the factory and keep a detailed WIP report, plan their production flow and capacity, and coordinate with design team for new product launches to ensure all styles are TOP approved and samples are ordered. Plan production capacity for bulk samples of new styles and control PO’s for these units. Coordinate logistics to have samples shipped directly to showroom locations.
- Domestic Production Coordination: Oversee domestic production. Work with Design team to take approved TOP hand off and calculate raw material requirements. Control purchasing associated with domestic production. Ensure all materials are delivered to the factory on time and that finished goods are transferred to the 3PL for fulfillment.
- Receiving & Fulfillment: Oversee fulfillment to ensure MTO’s are being received, QC’d, packed, and shipped to customers on or before the delivery date. Ensure packaging standards are set and adhered to. Advise on how to resolve of final-gown issues as related to production in instances of damaged or incorrect merchandise and oversee resolutions that fall within your purview.
- Ops Dashboard/Production WIP: Create a system for tracking monthly metrics. Report findings weekly/monthly to leadership team. Be proactive at offering solutions. Simultaneously keep an updated production WIP of all customer orders (MTO’s) to track their progress through the production cycle.
- Costs Management: Create monthly Fedex expenses round up, proposing solutions to reduce shipments / costs, and flagging any potential Fedex errors. Control all team P.O.’s. Control all Production department invoices. Work with shipping services and our vendors on issues such as freight forwarding, duties and customs clearance, and strictly manage these costs.
- Various Projects: Be willing and able to assist with ad-hoc projects and operational tasks, including but not limited to: sourcing, vendor compliance, packaging, ERP implementation, and inventory logistics.
- Strategic leadership: ability to operate strategically at 50K feet but also tactically at 5 feet. Ability to drive projects forward independently and bring the vision of the next generation supply chain operation to life.
- Organizational excellence: Have a meticulous eye for detail and commitment to zero defect work, creating organizational systems and checks/processes to catch human error and streamline + optimize internal processes.
- Full accountability and results–orientation: Set clear targets and deadlines and work effectively to meet them.
- Outstanding work ethic: Ability to exude a deeply embedded entrepreneurial spirit, loves the hustle, and doesn't do "the 9-5" - you are unafraid of challenges and are willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard work.
This is a full-time role based in our Los Angeles HQ office in the Larchmont area, with the freedom to work from home at your preference, on days that you are not visiting our factories, 3PL, or attending meetings at HQ. In exchange for your hard work, you will receive a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early days. You will work closely with and learn from the leadership team, be challenged, and help build the FUTURE of Direct-to-Consumer bridal.