Client Experience Manager
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Client Experience Manager
Location: 87 Florida Ave Office and our properties as needed
Office Hours: Hybrid Schedule (partial telework and in office days) M-F, 9am - 6pm occasional evenings and weekends
For the health and safety of our team and our families, employment with Flock is conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
Working in a team environment and an energetic self-starter. This person will be a crucial member of the Nest team + support the full Flock within the realm of client experience. Specific tasks related to this position may include but are not limited to the following:
Property Management and Compliance
- Manages lease renewal process by contacting owners 90 days prior to lease expiration and annually for month-to-month leases, recommending rent increases based on owner preferences as well as market conditions, informing tenants of their renewal options, and finalizing with appropriate documentation
- Manages rent increases & paperwork for rent-controlled properties
- Manages re-leasing process by fielding notices to vacate from tenants, communicating options to owners in a timely manner, referring releases to Turnover and Leasing team; ensures notices are tracked on correct Monday.com boards (notice, move-out, and security deposit)
- Manages tenant early lease terminations
- Ensures all Appfolio pages are updated and accurate each time a lease or addendum is executed
- Manages roommate swap process and any tenant additions/subtractions, including processing applications, tracking on Monday.com, completing paperwork via DocuSign, billing, and supporting Finance team with security deposits
- Keeps Monday.com updated on a daily basis and takes ownership over assigned Boards
- Manages and triages service requests via work orders when assigned as otherwise needed
- Accurately bills for termination fees, roommate swap fees, pet fees, transition fees, and property expenses
- Manages owner close-out process when offboarding (owners moving back, selling, or terminating management). Offboarding activities may include filing appropriate paperwork, sending relevant tenant notices, conducting calls with upset owners to prevent loss of client, and tracking close-outs with Finance using Monday.com
- Maintains in-office master key set inventory and manages checkout process to ensure no master keys go missing (eventually using Appfolio Key Log, for now using checkout list)
- Conducts periodic key audits and obtains new key & fob copies
- Manages Nest CE inventory (LB's, key tags)
- Attends periodic trainings & classes to maintain up-to-date knowledge of DC rental laws
Customer Service for Nest Portfolio
- Innovates current systems and processes with the lens of better customer experiences and efficiency
- Responds to dissatisfied clients (owners, tenants, vendors) with empathy and compassion while finding solutions to complicated problems often involving multiple parties
- Runs or coordinates property management errands as needed
- Answers general inquiries (phone, email, Typeform etc) and ensures all clients are responded to, as a team, within the expected timeframe.
- Handles noise complaints and other building issues, coordinating with clients and non-clients to resolve amicably
- Recommends to owners gifts/concessions for tenants as needed to build and maintain client relationships
- Manages Nest FlockBox inventory, assembly, and tracking
- Sends client gifts to owners, tenants, and vendors as appropriate
Management of Client Experience Assistant
- Provides management of assigned remote professional(s)
- Conduct weekly one-on-one check-in with the team member(s) to set goals, address concerns and handle client escalations.
- Coach team member(s) to high client service standard - aligned with core Flock values
- Support team in enhancing service and property management knowledge base
- Conduct bi-annual reviews with team member(s)
- Works with Director and team to ensure coverage for department and approves time off accordingly
- Initiate performance concern conversations and documentation
- Ensures building doc management and keeps property pages updated with current information
- Supports CEA to successfully manage firstname.lastname@example.org, owner/tenant mail, rentable items such as multi-family parking areas, coordination of owner needs (appraisals, property visits, vendor visits), pet requests, rental verifications, general inquiries, and other tasks as needed
- Oversees management of multifamily (MF) properties, classified as 3+ units
- Oversees annual calendar for specific multifamily buildings and engages with appropriate teams to ensure all tasks are completed
- Manages vendors specific to owner and acts as owners main point of contact
- Oversees management of building facilities by coordinating with Starling team on preventative and routine maintenance
- Monitors and maintains all compliance and regulatory requirements for specific multifamily buildings
- Enacts, enforces, and as necessary, updates building rules and regulations
- Manages renewals and preparing releases, complying with any Rent Control requirements as needed
- Assist Onboarding team with onboarding of new construction MF properties and transition of existing MF properties
- Conducts or coordinates quarterly walkthroughs of MF buildings
- Attends monthly meetings with developers or multifamily owners, as requested
Model Flock Mission + Core Values
- Offer ongoing support to fellow team members in a collective effort to deliver excellent service.
- Collaborate with your supervisor to track success, set goals and measure performance.
- Generate positive feedback from clients through survey tools and review sites.
- Meaningfully participate in team meetings and strategy and growth conversations for the company, while developing good working relationships with all departments.
- Represent the Nest and Flock brand to external partners and clients.
- Be a team player
- Commit to doing the best and being the best
- Play a key role in positioning Flock as THE BEST management company locally and globally
- Support the team in managing emergency situations or urgent issues
Skills Required for Performance Standards
- At least 2-3 years of sales experience
- Experience managing and closing sales-cycles
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic, is self-directed and resourceful.
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and is self-directive
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to jump into new tasks and help out other team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn property management software and tools
- Provides feedback to team members and supervisors to help better systems
- Helps answer client calls and field general questions about all Flock businesses
How to Apply
Interested and enthusiastic applicants should apply and upload a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Apply button below.
-No phone calls please. Applications accepted until position filled.
-Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Flock.
-Flock provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
-Flock is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about our Flock Benefits and Perks, visit https://flock-dc.com/careers
Get fresh Client Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!