Vacuum Truck Driver
- Posted: April 02, 2022
Flippo Construction Company, Inc, located in Forestville, MD, is seeking an experienced Vacuum Truck Driver/Operator to join our team. The Vacuum Truck Driver/Operator is responsible for safely operating the equipment to perform confined space cleanout and hydro-excavation, in support of underground utility projects. Work will be conducted in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland region.
- Check in with the Crew Leader each day to receive job assignments.
- Operate the vacuum truck and equipment in a proper and safe manner in support of underground utility projects.
- Supervise and direct a Vacuum Truck Helper.
- Conduct daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Inspect and conduct general maintenance of the vehicle and equipment.
- Keep vehicle clean from dirt and excess grease.
- Wash and clean out vehicle daily.
- Report all breakdowns and equipment malfunctions immediately to your supervisor.
- Fuel vehicle at the end of your work shift.
- Secure/lock all windows, doors, and compartments at the completion of the work shift.
- Report all accidents to the Safety Department.
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE), as required by the type of work, to include hardhat, safety-toed boots, safety glasses, reflective safety vests, and fire proof coveralls.
- Will work in all types of weather conditions.
- Upon request by your supervisor, be available to work on-call for nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must have experience driving and operating a vacuum truck. 2 years of experience preferred.
- Must hold a valid Class B CDL and Tanker Endorsement. Class A CDL preferred. A Hazardous Materials endorsement is a plus.
- Must possess a current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate
- Must be able to pass a DOT regulated alcohol and controlled substance screen.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the truck yard.
- Must be able to negotiate rough terrain.
- Must be able to climb in and out of manholes, excavations, and/or other confined or enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to climb up and down from the vehicle.
- Must be able to lift and carry tools, equipment, or material up to a weight of 95 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, reach, climb, walk, and sit.
Flippo Construction Company, Inc. (FCCI) is an "EMPLOYEE OWNED" general and heavy construction business located in Forestville, MD and operating primarily in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia and Baltimore MD areas. Flippo's Operational services consists of Heavy Construction, including Bridges, Concrete Structures, Roadway and Site Work. We also provide utility installation, repairs, and long-term service/maintenance contracts for the major utility providers in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Our Benefits include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Stock Ownership Program, 401(k), employee assistance program, Life/AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Disability insurance, Paid Holidays, and Safety Boot Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Flippo Construction Company, Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Flippo Construction Company, Inc