Boom/Plate Truck Driver
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Flippo Construction Company, Inc, located in Forestville, MD, is seeking an experienced Boom/Plate Truck Driver to join our team. The Boom/Plate Truck Driver is responsible for safe operation of the vehicle and the boom in support of heavy civil construction projects. The Boom/Plate Truck Driver is responsible for the safety of company employees, pedestrians, traffic, and the vehicle that they operate. Work will be conducted in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland region.
- Check in with the Dispatcher each day to receive job assignments.
- Operate the truck and equipment in a proper and safe manner in support of civil construction projects.
- Must be able to achieve maximum production with the vehicle and comply with all of the rules and regulations associated with vehicle operation.
- Conduct daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Inspect and conduct general maintenance of the vehicle and equipment.
- Always be in or near your vehicle during the day unless a supervisor directs you otherwise.
- Always assist in other useful work when the truck is not in use as directed by the job site supervisor.
- Take directions from the Foreman on the job site or in their absence their designated appointee.
- Attend weekly job site toolbox talks and all other company safety meetings, as required.
- Be available for snow removal operations.
- Keep the truck clean from dirt and excess grease.
- Wash and clean out vehicle daily.
- Report all breakdowns and equipment malfunctions immediately to your supervisor.
- Complete a mileage/fuel sheet daily and turn it in to the Dispatcher weekly.
- Fuel vehicle at the end of your work shift.
- Secure/lock all windows, doors, and compartments at the completion of the work shift.
- Report all accidents to the Safety Department.
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE), as required by the type of work, to include hardhat, safety-toed boots, safety glasses, and reflective safety clothing.
- Will work in all types of weather conditions.
- Upon request by your supervisor, be available to nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must have 2 years of experience driving and operating a boom truck.
- Must hold a valid Class A CDL.
- Must hold a current NCCCO Telescopic Boom-Fixed Cab (TSS) certification or NCCER Mobile Crane Operator certification.
- Must possess a current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate
- Must be able to pass a DOT regulated alcohol and controlled substance screen.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the truck yard.
- Must be able to negotiate rough terrain.
- Must be able to climb up and down from the vehicle.
- Must be able to lift and carry tools, equipment, or material up to a weight of 95 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, reach, climb, walk, and sit.
Flippo Construction Company, Inc. (FCCI) is an "EMPLOYEE OWNED" general and heavy construction business located in Forestville, MD and operating primarily in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia and Baltimore MD areas. Flippo's Operational services consists of Heavy Construction, including Bridges, Concrete Structures, Roadway and Site Work. We also provide utility installation, repairs, and long-term service/maintenance contracts for the major utility providers in the Washington Metropolitan area.
Our Benefits include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Stock Ownership Program, 401(k), employee assistance program, Life/AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Disability insurance, Paid Holidays, and Safety Boot Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Flippo Construction Company, IncDistrict Heights, MD
ConstructionView All Flippo Construction Company, Inc Jobs
Get fresh Boom/Plate Truck Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.