Maintenance Worker---- EOE, including Disability/Vets
- Posted: over a month ago
Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Non-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Monitor, supervise and instruct student facility maintenance staff, while performing all required job duties to ensure our facility is well maintained.
Brief Description of Duties
- Performs maintenance and emergency repairs as needed.
- Completes minor repairs such as patching holes and painting.
- Repairs electrical receptacles, wires, switches, and fixtures.
- Completes minor plumbing repairs such as replacement of sinks, water coolers, toilets, showers, and other plumbing items.
- Paint as needed for touch up and after repairs.
- Completes work order forms.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities and updates related logs.
- Hangs and repairs doors and installs locks.
- Replaces broken windowpanes.
- Performs general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs to heating and cooling units such as replacing pumps, motors, and minor parts, as needed.
- Assists with grounds maintenance by applying fertilizers and weed killers.
- Maintains a safe and healthful work environment at all times.
- Establishes a high degree of rapport with assigned WBL students.
- Provides regular feedback to students regarding appropriate employability skills.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Works towards meeting performance standards goals.
- Adheres to required property controls policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. (Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic Knowledge crafts skills such as plumbing, carpentry, electrical, landscaping, painting, ect.
- Knowledge in the use of trade-related hand and power tools.
- Attention to detail in building maintenance.
Minimum of one to two years’ experience in building maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Physical stamina is required to handle a full shift of being active and working on the building.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
Flint Hills Job Corps Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?