Job no: 504317
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New Jersey
Categories: Business Support
Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer (Retail Brands)
Direct Report: Creative Director
Location: Montvale, NJ
The Senior Graphic Designer (Retail Brands) is an integral member of the Creative Services team within FCTG, USA. The position requires a well-rounded designer with excellent leadership potential, who has advanced knowledge of traditional design and print production capabilities, as well as best practices for web design and online graphics. Key responsibilities include guiding and managing projects from design concept through production, developing professional, compelling design solutions for major campaigns with multi-channel advertising tactics (including but not limited to store graphics, outdoor media, emails, web banners, POS collateral, magazines and direct mailers), as well as creating presentations, logos, newsletters, in-store displays, and special projects as requested. The SGD has a passion for design and stays current on emerging design trends.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Create innovative, end-to-end design solutions for major branding and tactical campaigns with multi-channel advertising.
- Develop effective and engaging online and print materials for multiple FCTG brands.
- Ensure continuity, look-and-feel and adherence to brand standards in companys visual communications.
- Write specifications for printing and reproduction and coordinate with print vendors, including review of proofs as needed.
- Regularly work on multiple projects at once, being able to shift priority throughout the day.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment, regularly collaborating with other designers, production artists, and copywriters, as well as taking direction from the marketing teams, Team Leaders, and Creative Director.
- Help to supervise design staff, including daily prioritization of assignments across multiple FCTG brands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or a related field required.
- 5-8 years of senior design experience required.
- Experience working in a Marketing or Advertising department with direct influence on design and brand building.
- MUST be highly-proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office, including designing in PowerPoint. Familiarity with After Effects is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, color use, composition, use of space, and distribution of information.
- Persuasive communication skills to present and defend design decisions, as well as handle constructive criticism.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about creating the best design solutions.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize, working on several projects at once, in a very fast-paced environment and often with tight deadlines.
- Experience within an in-house agency environment a plus
- Be willing to jump in and design a variety of different assets and to learn new tools and software as needed.
- Must be agile in an ever-evolving environment, able to take information and run with it without needing excessive guidance.
- The ideal candidate will be a disrupter within their field quick, alert and clever with confidence to challenge the status quo and provide new ideas as needed.
Location: Montvale, NJ
FCTG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now