Build the systems to help Flexport grow
Professional Services is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to own the roadmap for our public API.
Flexport is a freight forwarder and logistics platform using modern software to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
With 13 offices on three continents, we help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving goods between any two places on the planet.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of making global trade easier for everyone. At Flexport you’ll develop systems that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries.
- Model the complex global freight domain. Design our public API to help our customers integrate with Flexport and automate their supply chain.
- Be responsible for the API framework that helps build essential features like API versioning and expansion.
- Build platform services that help Flexport engineering teams build enterprise-grade solutions, including services like,
- A webhook system that allows external clients to be notified when a significant event occurs in the Flexport ecosystem.
- A metadata service that allows external clients to add their own custom attributes to Flexport API objects.
- Work closely with business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
- Geek out about shipping, invoicing, customs regulations and logistics. (We do this often.)
- Make enhancements to Flexport’s public APIs, webhooks and developer ecosystem while figuring out the most efficient way for our customers and partners to participate in the process of moving freight across borders.
- Design and build APIs and webhooks which enable deep, secure, scalable, complex integrations with customers, government agencies and partners.
- Automate logistics processes saving operations teams thousands of phone calls per week.
- Deliver supply chain API insights to teams via a world-class analytics experience.
- Create beautiful and efficient domain models for the incredibly complex world of freight forwarding.
- Bring trade to everyone in the world.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Node.js and Clojure. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker. Enterprise Integrations are built with Dell Boomi.
Paul Graham, founder of Y Combinator, once said this: “Flexport is one of those rare companies that will not merely satisfy its market, but grow it. There will be more international trade because of Flexport, and international trade is a very big thing for there to be more of."