Bag Machine Operators (Relocation Help & Great Benefits)--Granite City, IL
The Bag Machine Operator’s task is to work in concert with the pouch forming department ensuring the quality and efficiency of the bags created by the bag machines. The primary responsibility consists of running and managing the machine that automatically measures, prints, cuts, folds, and glues, or seals to form bags.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Threads materials from parent roll through guides and rollers to cutters, gluer, printer, folding device, or electric sealer.
• Starts machine, observes operation, and adjusts machine to ensure uniform shearing, printing, folding, gluing, or sealing of continuous roll of material into finished bags.
• May insert shaft into core of parent roll and secure with steel collars, using hand tools, and mount roll onto machine, using hoist.
• Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production and a quality product, with a minimum of waste, while maintaining set goals of machine speeds
• References work orders for paper supply, and requisitions paper from the warehouse when necessary.
• Instructs and leads Bag Inspector and Bundler. Assists Small Bag Inspector in detecting poor quality.
• Diagnoses problems on machines and corrects immediately, to keep smooth production flow.
• Makes all machine repairs, unless major work is needed. Performs daily maintenance on machine including: oiling machine, cleaning drum area of machine, re-taping, and scraping down.
• Assists Maintenance with repairs to get equipment up and running in the shortest amount of time.
• Follows instructions and requests from supervisor and management.
• Communicates well with other operators and teammates at shift change.
• Adheres and maintains equipment to all GMP and AIB regulations at all times.
• Ability to multi-task as well as work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Qualifications, Education and Experience
• High School GED or Diploma
• Associate’s Degree from an accredited college preferred
• Two years of work experience in a related industry
• Must complete Safety Orientation, Departmental Safety Training and OSHA Standards Training
• Work experience with computers and other business equipment
• This position requires the annual completion of Hazardous Waste Management training – provided by our company
• Ethical Conduct • Problem Solving/Analysis
• Technical Capacity • Communication Proficiency
Work primarily in a non-climate controlled indoor environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Hearing protection, safety shoes and vision protection required.
This role operates primarily in a manufacturing environment. Employee may be exposed to non-toxic/nuisance smells from chemicals, airborne dust, moving mechanical parts, high noise levels and hot/humid environmental conditions in the manufacturing area during extremely hot summer months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; kneel on hard surfaces; use hands/fingers to handle equipment. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other personnel on the production floor. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Always take ownership and be accountable for your actions. This job description is a tool for you to follow while here. Other job duties may be assigned to you, this outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may have other duties/projects assigned to meet business needs. Good and reliable attendance, positive attitude and at or above job specific metrics and/or goals will reflect on your annual review. Always take ownership of your job and team.