2nd & 3rd Shift Totani/Bag Machine Operators (Relocation Help Available)--Granite City, IL
A growing flexo printing company just outside of St. Louis, MO is adding experienced bag machine operators to 2nd and 3rd shifts. Relocation help is available for experienced operators. Competitive compensation and strong benefits package includes medical, vision, dental and 401k.
The Bag Machine Operator’s task is to work in concert with the pouch forming department ensuring the quality and efficiency of the bags created by the bag machines. The primary responsibility consists of running and managing the machine that automatically measures, prints, cuts, folds, and glues, or seals to form bags.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Threads materials from parent roll through guides and rollers to cutters, gluer, printer, folding device, or electric sealer.
• Starts machine, observes operation, and adjusts machine to ensure uniform shearing, printing, folding, gluing, or sealing of continuous roll of material into finished bags.
• May insert shaft into core of parent roll and secure with steel collars, using hand tools, and mount roll onto machine, using hoist.
• Operates machine in proper manner, maintaining high production and a quality product, with a minimum of waste, while maintaining set goals of machine speeds
• References work orders for paper supply, and requisitions paper from the warehouse when necessary.
• Instructs and leads Bag Inspector and Bundler. Assists Small Bag Inspector in detecting poor quality.
• Diagnoses problems on machines and corrects immediately, to keep smooth production flow.
• Makes all machine repairs, unless major work is needed. Performs daily maintenance on machine including: oiling machine, cleaning drum area of machine, re-taping, and scraping down.
• Assists Maintenance with repairs to get equipment up and running in the shortest amount of time.
• Follows instructions and requests from supervisor and management.
• Communicates well with other operators and teammates at shift change.
• Adheres and maintains equipment to all GMP and AIB regulations at all times.
• Ability to multi-task as well as work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment