Flexlink LLC Cleveland, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k
Small, growing Northeast Cleveland based wholesale distributor of specialty and technical papers, films and laminations seeks self-motivated and enthusiastic person to fill a wide range of operations responsibilities that include managing inventory, directing purchasing activities and managing the warehouse. This candidate will have the opportunity to make key decisions, help map the company’s strategy and be instrumental in guiding the company through future growth stages.
Reports to: Owner
- Maintain excellent communication with suppliers and customers
- After gaining a strong understanding of customer requirements and suppliers’ capabilities, proactively manage manufacturing services performed by sub-contractors to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain accuracy in Quickbooks Enterprise- accurately enter inventory, create purchase orders, enter order confirmations, receive inventory, generate invoices and perform detailed month-end reconciliations
- Forecast and monitor inventories in warehouse as well as at customers’ and suppliers’ locations, including projecting and managing lead times for all parties
- Adjust and reconcile month-end inventory between both Quickbooks Enterprise and actual inventory on-hand
- Analyze historical sales and forecast demand to optimize inventory levels and materials on orders
- Deliver strategic continuous improvement with suppliers and market conditions
- Analyze supplier pricing and deliver cost savings where applicable. Perform periodic supplier audits to ensure that waste is being minimized and efficiencies are maximized.
- Manage logistics to transfer products externally to different vendors and internally in Quickbooks Enterprise
- Conduct inventory counts as needed both in warehouse and off location
- Communicate with accounting for supplier billing and customer payment status
- Work with suppliers to facilitate imports and exports of goods
- Manage the warehouse staff and facility and ensure compliance with all safety guidelines and company policies
- Confer with key personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in objectives based on current business conditions
- Design and implement plans for the warehouse to accommodate a new product
- Implement inventory consignment program with key customers
- Operate fork lift to load and unload trucks, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education
- Ability to professionally communicate with and interact with all levels of customers’ organizations
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is a must to facilitate accurate order entry, communication and inventory reconciliations
- Willingness for continued development in technical skills, in inventory management and forecasting
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain flexibility to accommodate numerous markets, products and manufacturing processes as business changes
- Experience for driving excellent customer service and empathy to view situations from the customers’ perspective
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to finish with limited guidance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks involving long lead-times throughout the supply chain
- Strong math and computational skills
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise desired but not mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Basic IT skills
- Basic knowledge of office equipment including printers, scanners, fax and phone systems
- Basic knowledge of shipping documents including but not limited to, bills of lading and packing slips
- Importing and exporting knowledge
- Some level of experience with flexible packaging, paper, films, foils or other rolled or sheeted products and the ability to perform conversions such as rolls to sheets, big rolls to small rolls, metric to imperial, skids to cases etc.
Flexlink LLCWhy Work Here?
Growing small business wants to add to the team.
18222 Lanken AvenueCleveland, OH