FTS is seeking a Production Planner / Estimator for the Norfolk, VA area to work in the shipbuilding industry. This is a permanent, Direct Hire opportunity with a company that offers excellent benefits! Relocation assistance to those who qualify!
· Responsible for all facets of production planning for shop fabrication, manufacturing and shipboard installations and repairs
· Works closely with Program Managers and Production Manager in the preparation of bids and proposals.
· Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, labor estimates.
· Prepares estimates for selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
· Reviews data to determine material labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
· Provides expert engineering advice on assigned areas and develops, evaluates, and assesses acquisition policy and processes for programs assigned.
· Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for manufacturing.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
· Prepares time cost and labor estimates for products, projects and services.
· A clear knowledge of technical requirements for marine systems, shop metal fabrication and shipboard installations and repair.
· High technical knowledge regarding marine technical, structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
· Have a strong background in shop fabrication and materials and be able to provide estimates on fabrication bids and quotes.
· Receives and reviews specifications for marine repair, fabrication and overhaul tasks.
· Computes cost factors used for preparing estimates for management and determining cost effectiveness.
· Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation for fabrication and manufacturing.
· Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
· Overseas the development opportunities to increase job skills and capabilities.
· Pursues professional development opportunities to increase job skills
· Compiling a detailed schedule of activities, including pre-fabrication, fabrication, assembly, integration and test.
· Must have a strong math background and be able to perform and interrupt calculations associated with metal fabrication and production and material requirements and be able to interrupt detailed but sometimes poorly defined drawings and information.
· Assisting in the preparation of fabrication and assembly work packages for sub-contractors, in close liaison with Production and Supply Chain & Procurement Managers.
· Developing a detailed production plan taking into account the available facilities and resources, clearly broken down by work packages and detailing the proposed fabrication and assembly sequencing.
· Calculating and presenting the requirements in detail needed to deliver the production plan, covering labor, equipment and materials and then gaining plan acceptance from the relevant departmental managers.
· Assisting / supporting the Supply Chain & Procurement Manager in setting up and populating the material control system.
· Reporting detailed progress monthly against all the elements of the production plan, using earned value analysis, highlighting trends and concerns, and proposing actions to mitigate these concerns.
· Revising the production plan when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, or other interruptions by collaborating with management and other key stakeholders and then clearly and precisely reporting the impact of these changes to the production plan.
· Advising the production management team on the requirements for the recruitment and training of fabrication and production workforce and junior planner estimators.
Required Skills and Experience:
· 7-10 + years of commercial and government experience in the planning and execution of fabrication, manufacturing and shipboard installation and ship repair work with 12 years of supervisory responsibility in technical production capacity.
· Proven hands-on experience in producing and maintaining production plans in a metal fabrication, and ship repair environment, with an understanding of composite structure fabrication techniques.
· Strong Knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items, NAVSEA 90909-310E and other NAVSEA Quality Programs.
· Computer literate in a range of applications including all Microsoft applications including MS Project.
· Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by logical thinking and commercial acumen.
· Good team player, with an ability to work closely with all personnel including senior management, engineering and shop floor.
· Due to export control regulations this role is open to U.S. citizens only.
· Must be able to handle highly complex tasks uncovering and resolving problems associated with the analysis and development of technical specifications all projects assigned.
· Must often juggle numerous projects and assignments and continuously reassess priorities to achieve goals and objectives.
· Providing subject matter expertise, supervision and guidance to all levels of staff personnel.
· Must be able to document ideas and present them to peers and customers.
· High School or Community College Graduate
· Graduate of Shipyard Apprentice Trade School
· Military Specialty School Training
· Lean Six Training
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset
Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS)
Why Work Here?Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is a leading provider of professional and technical talent placement services, including modified retained search, direct hire, contract-to-hire, short and long-term contract, and payroll services. With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including: • Engineering and Design • Program/ Project Management • Estimating/Scheduling and Planning • Quality Assurance /Quality Control • Contract Administration • Supply Chain Management • Testing and Trials • Information Technology • Health, Safety & Environmental • Human Resources • Accounting/Finance • Technical Sales/Business Development • And more... Our Core Values We are a Relationship-Based Company Growth & Retention are Imperative People are our Greatest Asset
Great opportunity to grow with an industry leading company!