New Orleans, LA: Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is seeking a Marine Electrical Engineer for a leading Naval Architecture & Marine Professional Services firm in the Greater New Orleans Area. This Marine Electrical Engineer will develop designs of electronic components for marine vessels and floating structures, such as ships, barges, tugs, etc. and performs calculations necessary to assist in the design and fabrication of such vessels. This candidate should be committed to company’s mission of provide clients with the technical expertise needed to execute projects efficiently and effectively.
· Actively supports the company’s mission and commitment to success
· Support a team of Naval Architects, Engineers of multiple disciplines, Drafters, Designers, and Leadership with Electrical Engineering solutions and procedures
· Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
· Works collaboratively in a team environment, regularly coordinating work with other disciplines and functions throughout the organization
· Prepares and checks technical reports and specifications
· Receives supervision and guidance related to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters
· Specification and selection of electrical and electronic components
· Selection of craft cabling
· Development of cable routings and schematic/wiring diagrams
· Voltage drop and power analysis
· Electronics system interfaces
· Performs other related duties, as needed, and directed
· 5-10 years of direct Marine Electrical Engineering experience
· This candidate must possess a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field
· Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate or Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred
· Some knowledge of naval architecture functions is preferred
· Detail oriented and committed to quality
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Mathcad and various structural software packages
· Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, Solidworks, ShipConstructor, Inventor, FEA-Nastran/Ansys/Solidworks/Maestro, and Pipe-FLO
· More than 5 years ShipConstructor structural design experience is required
· Prefer marine experience on commercial vessels.
· Structural / hull aptitude and system knowledge required.
· Familiar with regulatory body requirements.
· Good knowledge and experience of design principles and drafting techniques.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must in addition to familiarity with ABS, CFR, USCG, SOLAS, IMO and other applicable regulations
· The ability to multitask and work within a fast-paced environment is imperative
· They should be willing to travel occasionally
• U.S. citizen or Green Card immigration resident in the United States
• Ability to work on government projects
• Ability to successfully pass a federal, state, and local security background check
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset