FTS is seeking a Logistics / Transportation Manager with experience in domestic and international ground, air, and ocean shipping of industrial machinery and parts housed in a central location (no multiple distributions centers). Qualified candidates' experience will come from first-party logistics roles.
· Arranging air/ocean/road import shipments to include customs’ clearance, commercial invoicing and packing list requirements.
· Communicating with freight forwarders to obtain rate quotes and track/ trace air/ocean/road freight shipments
· Ensures the efficient running of the organization’s logistical operations.
· Ensuring product/equipment/tool/people delivery dates are met
· Coordinates transportation services including via truck, train, air, and sea, to provide efficient and timely transportation of goods and freight among facilities and to customers.
· Builds and maintains relationships with outside carriers and freight companies.
· Completes fulfillment shipments using cost-effective service providers such as less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders.
· Reviews financial reports, identifying and recommending ways to reduce transportation costs
· Participate in compliance, carrier performance, and cost comparison reviews.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the proven ability to manage and coordinate a variety of shipments and shipping methods.
· Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Proficient with or able to quickly learn software systems used for tracking and billing freight operations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Transportation / Logistics Management role overseeing domestic and international shipping by way of ground, air, and ocean.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset