FTS is seeking an Industrial Technology Engineer for a manufacturing facility in the New Orleans, LA area. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a company that manufactures industrial machinery for many commercial industries including hotels, cruise ships, correctional facilities, healthcare facilities, and much more. This position will focus on implementing lean manufacturing techniques across our facility, with the goal of improving quality and efficiency. We are seeking a hands-on professional with initiative, self-confidence, ambition and the ability to think through problems and implement solutions.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Confer with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects
- Working with company management, identify and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Collect data and perform time studies to analyze current methods.
- Identify and investigate alternative processes and methods.
- Design and implement revisions to work cells, including layout, material storage, workstations, fixtures and tooling, etc.
- Standardize work instructions for processes in Production departments as required.
- Track results to measure progress.
- Assist in sustaining recently improved processes.
- Assist in revising training material and training existing/new employees on lean techniques.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology or other manufacturing related curriculum.
- Two years in a factory support environment.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Training
- Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Motivated to identify waste, propose improvements and support implementation of improvement projects.
- Must be willing to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Additional Skills Required:
- Strong time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Continuous drive for improvement with a strong desire for organization and efficiency
- Excellent communication/salesmanship
- Creative problem solving
- Quantitative skills
- Technical competency
- Ability to wear many hats and interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Continuous desire to learn