- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
New Orleans, LA: Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is seeking a Field Service Technician for a contract-to-hire position in the New Orleans area. The ideal candidate will be able to travel approximately 60% of the time, have a passport and be open to overtime work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for and have the authority for in house and field assembly, testing, and servicing customized mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies in accordance with prescribed drawings, manuals, instructions and supervision.
· Read and follow engineering drawings, Bills of Material, and technical specifications.
· Assemble, test, and service systems and components comprised of hydraulic manifolds, solenoid valves, proportional valves, hoses, metal tubing, electrical cables, electrical controllers, etc.
· Perform general mechanical tasks, including as necessary basic welding, torch, grinding, etc.
· Maintain records as required (field service reports, assembly routers, quality, dimensional checks, testing, etc.).
· Properly control, store, maintain, and secure assets (inventory, tools, machinery consumables, etc).
· Fabricate and install high pressure tubing using standard fittings.
· Act as a Production representative for Safety Committee.
· Monitor the functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards/problems and the potential need for adjustments, repairs, or replacement.
· Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment within any facility.
· Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems.
· Disassemble machinery, test, and analyze malfunctioning equipment and repair or replace broken parts.
· Clean and lubricate parts.
· Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the shop area.
· Support and participate in the organization’s continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 and understand the implications of not complying with the quality management system.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent secondary education.
· Forklift license preferred.
· Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or combination of technical education and experience preferred.
· Two years of technical trade school preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years of related experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment).
· Welding and spray booth painting experience (Military specifications and/or ABS standards) preferred.
· Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of electrical processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of mechanical tools and equipment.
· Ability to implement mechanical knowledge and skills.
· Ability to read, write, and use general math applications in order to read schematics.
· Ability to react and perform under stress and emergency situations.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure the daily workload is completed.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in a work environment and exercise problem-solving abilities to bring structure to complex situations and provide optimal solutions.
· Excellent communication skills (English) oral, written, and interpersonal.
· Ability to plan work for others and foresee changes and needs for areas of responsibility.
· Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical circuits.
· Ability to read, interpret and follow mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic control systems schematics / blueprints.
· Ability to use measuring instruments (i.e. torque wrenches, calipers, squares, scales, pressure and torque gauges, vibration sensing devices, temperature indicators, and measuring tape) to ensure components/systems are within required tolerance and specifications.
· Full understanding of imperial and metric measuring systems.
· Self-starter with excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task, including support of additional normal fabrication shop practices or assignments (equipment maintenance, clean up, cross functional training).
· Familiarity with operating metal shop fabrication tools, including but not limited to: vertical and horizontal band saws, drill press, bench grinders, hydraulic shear.
· Valid driver’s license, and able to qualify and drive company vehicles (forklift, truck, etc.).
· Knowledge of PLC's (for trouble shooting and diagnostics) preferred.
· Job estimating skills (the ability to read specifications and accurately estimate fabrication labor and/or material requirements) preferred.
· Knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and policies preferred.
· Displays attention to detail.
· Produces error-free work.
· Is deadline-oriented.
· Makes sure that customers’ requests come first.
· Is a self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
· Works with minimal supervision.
· Is flexible and able to adapt to our dynamic environment.
· Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
· Able to work in confined spaces if necessary.
· Able to perform work in overhead spaces (accessed by ladders, scaffolding, manlift, etc.).
· Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
· Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjustment of focus.
· Regular exposure to wet or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
· Occasional exposure to extreme heat and vibration.
· Able to pass any required drug tests.
· Able to pass any required background inspections.
· Up to 50% travel for field service installations, repairs and trouble shooting.
· Must possess valid driver’s license.
· Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Flexicrew Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with FTS is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications. Employment or consideration will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com.
At Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS), we combine relevant industry expertise with a commitment to making a positive difference in the communities and businesses we serve. FTS emphasizes custom-tailored search solutions designed to alleviate the unique challenges of our valued client partners. Our industry-leading technical recruiters focus on providing exceptional talent ranging from C-Level executives to mid-level professionals to early career candidates on a direct hire, contract/contract to hire basis, and more!
Interested in learning more about our services? CLICK HERE, or visit: https://www.flexicrewtech.com/technical-staffing-services-contact-us/
Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS)Why Work Here?
We connect exceptional candidates with industry leading employers. Take your career to the next level with team FTS!
Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) was founded in 2015 to meet the growing demand for technical and professional talent. We are a WBENC Certified executive and technical search firm providing custom-tailored staffing solutions and talent acquisition to the Gulf South Region and nationwide. FTS is a three-time honoree of INC. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies in the U.S. At Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS), we combine relevant industry expertise with a commitment to making a positive difference in the communities and businesses we serve. FTS emphasizes custom-tailored search solutions designed to alleviate the unique challenges of our valued client partners. Our industry-leading technical recruiters focus on providing exceptional talent ranging from C-Level executives to mid-level professionals to early career candidates on a direct hire, contract/contract to hire basis, and more! Interested in learning more about our services? CLICK HERE, or visit: https://www.flexicrewtech.com/technical-staffing-services-contact-us/
AddressNew Orleans, LA