FTS is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist for a Direct Hire opportunity for a company in the Kenner/ Metairie, LA area. The ERS will facilitate and manage employee relations on behalf of the company, with a focus on employee relations and compensation. Qualified candidates will have experience in employee relations and compensation structuring; benefits administration experience is a huge plus. Culture fit for this role will be one of the most important factors. This role is not for someone seeking to make aggressive or ambitious changes in a well-established, family-owned, team-oriented culture.
· Analyzes information and data necessary to define and discern cost and policy implications of negotiations and disputes. This may include management, pay scales and wages, benefits, working conditions, and other mitigating circumstances.
· Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding human resource policies, compensation, and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes.
· Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
· Advises managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
· Collaborates with leadership on matters of policy and terms of memoranda of understanding before and throughout negotiation process.
· Responsible to oversee Workman's Comp Claims.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques.
· Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and compensation administration.
· Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or related field required.
· Four years of professional human resource administration, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset