Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) is seeking an Electrical Engineer/ PLC Program Engineer for a direct hire position in the Greater New Orleans Area. The PLC Programmer will be responsible for: Design schematics such as a logic flow diagram, write and document the program, test the program, install the program, & provide technical support.
Job Functions and Duties:
· Design a logic flow diagram for marine, commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
· Develop programmable logic controllers for marine, commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
· Determine PLC manufacturer based on application and cost effectiveness.
· Ensure the programming conforms to functional specifications and customer requirements.
· Review contracted designs and provide suggestions for design improvement.
· Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
· Provide sustaining programming support to operations, technical support, application development, and sales and marketing for design related issues with existing products.
· Design Hardware selection based on specification and the number of inputs/outputs of the system.
· Determine test criteria, then test the new program for reliability and safety.
· Responsible for testing programs and equipment developed by third parties.
· Actively involved in performing the factory acceptance test with customer being present.
· Oversee the programming during installation by providing guidance and support to technicians.
· Provide technical support within the company and to customers, both verbally and by writing or revising technical manuals.
· Support and participate in the organization’s continual improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 and understand the implications of not complying with the quality management system.
· Proficient in various programming platforms including but not limited to:
1. Siemens S7-300/S7-400/S5/TI/WinCC/WinCCFlex /TIA (PLC/HMI)
2. Idec MicroSmart FC6A + HMI
3. Allen Bradley ControlLogix/ CompactLogic/PLC5/SLC500/FactotyTalk/RSView(PLC/HMI)
4. Schnedier (SquareD) Modicon Quantum/ClearSCADA/(PLC/HMI)
5. GE RX3i/RX7/90-30/90-70/ f. DeltaV(DCS)
6. Wonderware InTouch/ArchestrA/System Platform/Win911 (HMI)
7. OPC System SCADA (HMI)
· Proficiency in MS Excel and Word is required for data analysis and reporting.
· Ability to work under pressure of schedules
• Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
• 6 years of experience in PLC programming, preferably in a closely related field.
• Candidate should have strong understanding of the electrical, mechanical, and software engineering principles needed to create and maintain automated processes.
• Proven experience with PLC programming and the development of hardware and processes for newly designed systems.
• Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and adjustment of focus.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• Occasional exposure to a production environment.
• Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job function.
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset