FTS is seeking an entry-level QC Technician for a position in the Hammond area. We are seeking a hard-working, dependable candidate with good math skills, a teachable spirit and the ability and willingness to work in the heat or the cold. This position will require some certifications and formal training, all paid for by the company.
Check, verify, and record all aspects of concrete production, finished product to assure product meets customer’s specifications and expectations. Also, perform concrete testing using precision testing equipment. You will be responsible for communicating findings of inspections to both management and production employees. Basic Math skills that include multiplying, adding, subtracting and dividing.
Essential Job Duties:
1) To work with team and oversee the proper use of labor and materials in order to achieve the daily production objectives. Complete any reports as required by the supervisor.
2) Ensure that team meets or exceeds its safety, quality, housekeeping, attention to detail, and production efficiency objectives while always maintaining a culture of continuous improvement. Good attendance is required.
3) Follow the company best practices and the company policy including safety. Recognize employees for good performance and report sub-standard work and or poor behavior to the Quality Control Supervisor.
4) Foster a culture of teamwork. Train, teach, and motivate new and existing employees to work together as a team. Maintain a positive attitude at all times. Participate in all safety and other Company specific programs.
5) Lead by example, always making the right choice. Maintain high ethical standards which include integrity, honesty, and excellent moral character.
1. Good Math and Measuring Skills – Tape Measure test will be given in interview process.
2. Ability to work in any weather-related elements, such heat and humidity or cold temps.
3. MUST be dependable – great attendance is crucial for this position.
4. Must be willing to obtain certifications by taking classes and/ or studying and testing – these will be paid by the company.
5. Drug screen required.
Specific Job Functions:
Responsibilities: To assist QC Supervisor in all of the following: Maintain records consistent for all raw materials making certain that they confirm with NPCA and LA DOTD requirements. Raw materials specifically but not limited to cement, sand, stone, admixtures and reinforcing steel. Prior to pouring concrete, conduct pre-pour checks to ensure set ups meet production drawings. More specifically, check dimensions and hole sizes and locations. Communicate deficiencies and inspect again prior to pour. Notify lead man or supervisor when the piece is acceptable to pour. Maintain all appropriate production logs (Pre-Pour, Pour, and Final Inspections). Label all items with proper call letters. Perform all required concrete testing in conformance with ASTM. Understand the batching process and certified mix designs. Be able to work in outdoor work environment.
Working Relationships: Internal: Quality Control Supervisor, Batch plant operator, Chief Operating Officer, Production Manager, post-production manager, maintenance manager, contracting manager, production planning, sales heads, and delivery drivers. Good working relationship with plant crew essential. External: Vendors to assure all raw materials used for production to assure conformance with NPCA and LA DOTD requirements.
Safety: Lead by example and always make the safe choice-maintain a safety culture that includes zero accidents. Ensure proper PPE is being used at all times. Insist that team personnel always make safe choices, correct unsafe behavior, and report infractions and near misses to the Quality Control Manager. Actively participate in all safety programs and activities.
Housekeeping: Ensure work areas are always clean and promote a “clean as you go” culture. Keep the floor, forms, tools, and all equipment clean, free of debris, dirt or concrete, and oversee proper tool use and storage.
Leadership: Teamwork/Attitude/Company Policy: Lead by example, always being a role model for your team. This includes using best practices when it comes to safety, housekeeping, quality, attendance, the production schedule, and any other rules and expectations in the Company policy and insist that the members of your team do the same. Be a good coach always teaching others the correct methods to improve both their performance and behavior and make employees accountable when their performance or behavior is not acceptable.
With talent acquisition resources available throughout the US, FTS serves a diverse cross-section of companies and employees who demand the personal attention of a local business, while valuing access to a wide range of career resources under one roof, including:
• Engineering and Design
• Program/ Project Management
• Estimating/Scheduling and Planning
• Quality Assurance /Quality Control
• Contract Administration
• Supply Chain Management
• Testing and Trials
• Information Technology
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Human Resources
• Technical Sales/Business Development
• And more...
Our Core Values
We are a Relationship-Based Company
Growth & Retention are Imperative
People are our Greatest Asset