Flexible Pharmacy Consulting seeks a consultant pharmacist for an on-site clinical consultant pharmacist role in three Skilled Nursing Facilities (nursing homes) in the Michigan Upper Penninsula.
- Consult optimally done during the week. This is a quarterly consult as required by regulations,
- On-site consulting required for certain aspects of this job. There may be remote components, but this is not a remote-only job.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team (will work in concert with facility management and provider pharmacy)
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical care practices for long term care residents.
• On-site Cart-checking, Medication Storage Inspections, Medication Pass Observation, QA report, and meeting attendance, as requested or required by regulation or best practice. Also Narcotics des
• The quarterly Medication Regimen Review (MRR/DRR) is currently being performed by another consultant pharmacist, so your services will supplement and not replace.
• Additional services as requested by the facility being serviced.
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws/regulations, plus specifically long-term care settings
- Active Licensure(s) in the state of practice.
- Experience performing Medication Regimen Reviews (MRRs) in an SNF (nursing home) or Assisted Living setting
- Experience with various Facility E-MAR and pharmacy new Rx and refill ordering systems. Must quickly adapt, if necessary.
- Experience working with prescribers to help them learn and use the systems.
Flexible Pharmacy Consulting
Why Work Here?Founded in 2003 by a pharmacist, Flexible Pharmacy Services offers nationwide pharmacy staffing, temporary staffing and pharmacy placement services for all pharmacy types, including: long term care, retail/community, “central fill”, compounding, mail order, home infusion, specialty, hospital, remote medication order processing, and other institutional and non-institutional settings.
At Flexible, we promote you professionally to our pharmacy clients.