What does a Vision Therapist Trainee do?
- Under the general supervisor of Senior Vision Therapist and a Board-certified Optometrist you will learn to help patients by doing rehabilitative vision training.
- Training exercises will change the lives of children and adults
- Perform initial assessments for patients and document plan of care
- Work hands on with tools and props during therapy session
- Document progress on patients
- Data entry, customer service and any other duties as assigned
- Uses social media for business purposes
Compensation: $16 per hour BOE (salary)
For the first 3months during training it will be 20 hours per week then would be 35 hours per week
Mon & Thurs. 10-7 pm
Tuesday 10-6 pm
Wednesday 10-4 pm
Saturday 8-2 pm (3 per month) Last Saturday off
- Free eye exams
We want you to join the team if you can perform these essential job functions:
- Must be able to maintain physical activity for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio prompts
- Must be able to interact and respond in a professional manner
- Must be able to attend occasional off-site seminars
- Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and patients
- Must be able to get up and down from the floor regularly
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to navigate with social media
- High School degree or equivalent
- Must enjoy working with and helping people
- Positive and patient personality
- Eagerness to learn
- Driver’s License
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work on Saturdays
What Makes a Good Match for our client company?
Their mission is clear to improve patient’s lives by improving their vision. Our client company believes in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Their team is expanding, and currently, have exceptional opportunities for the right person.
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with, along with exceptional quality care. You must have a positive outlook, a desire to learn and a desire for a long-term career.
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
FlexiCorps is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation