Reports To: Production Manager
The Project Leader provides project leadership over a small team of Production Technicians and performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products including manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of products. Project Leaders carry out the production process by closely following the standard operating procedures as they relate to materials handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
· Guide small group of Production Technicians as they complete assigned projects
· Ensure each team member assigned to specific Project Leader has components needed to complete the project
· Communicate to Production Supervisor if there is a problem in adhering to production timeline
· Ability to follow complex procedures
· Read draft drawings of products and perform work as assigned by Production Manager
· Adherence to good manufacturing principles
· Ability to work with hands to assemble products – must have good hand dexterity
· Inspection of in-process and finished product – must have 20/20 corrected vision
· Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes
· Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
· Place finished good on designated pallet or where specifically instructed to place
· Must have ability to work well with others
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on occasional basis
· Must be able to stand long periods of time when necessary
· Project Leadership
· Teamwork Orientation
· Time Management
· Technical Capacity
The duties of this job are performed in a cleanroom. All Project Leaders must “gown up” prior to entering the cleanroom. All cell phone and personal items will be stored in provided bins in a specified room. The employee will work with manufacturing equipment and machines that must be operated as instructed to ensure safety to the employee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and lifting up to 25 to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have 20/20 corrected vision for this job.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of a High School diploma with Associates degree preferred
Prior Cleanroom experience preferred but not necessary
Must be able to legally work in the US