Sr Accounting Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary job responsibilities if this senior level position include, but are not limited to, rotations within the Finance Department to assist management of individual departments with accomplishing more efficient and improved processes, quickly mastering the tasks on hand, participate in process improvement and day to day management, if needed, while maintaining the highest level of client service. Having an advanced knowledge of payroll operations, reporting, compliance and determining payroll system configuration is an absolute must.
• Assist in management of accounting departments through rotations, including manufacturing and inventory from commercial fishing, sales, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and related payroll federal and state regulatory and tax related filings.
• Possess advanced knowledge levels of analytical, modeling and data manipulation. Capable of reviewing financial data, while at times may be incomplete, and clearly communicate appropriate information to the executive management.
• Oversight of the payroll system, calendar, and procedures.
• Review of all payroll batches to ensure accuracy of pay out and deductions paying particular attention to tax and fair labor standard compliance.
• Assist in creating and improving processes and internal controls for a rapidly growing company.
• Review and posting of substantial and/or irregular entries, either in the modules or through the general ledger.
• Maintaining knowledge and understanding of federal/state tax and labor law standards ensuring compliance through the adjustment of policy and procedure when necessary as well as training relevant staff on these topics.
• Training and development of the finance department including a development of the non-professional and professional staff into stronger accountants with better understandings of the effects of their departments.
• Research and resolve accounting and tax filing problems and errors. Make recommendations for correction.
• Serve as back-up for other accounting manager positions, as needed for coverage and assist in all areas of accounting as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
• Minimum of five years' experience in accounting with supervisory experience
• The successful candidate should either be a CPA or be eligible and willing to obtain CPA license.
• Must possess an ability to learn and teach others and work well in a team environment.
• Must possess the ability to represent the company in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• A high regard for accuracy and attention to detail, along with strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines is required.
• Prior Payroll Management required.
• Significant working experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
• Solid understanding of ASC and GAAP necessary.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and/or Paylocity preferred. ADP experience is acceptable.
• Some public accounting experience preferred.
• Experience working with not-for-profits and CDQ groups is a plus.
In order to successfully perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to effectively remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, communicate with others in person and over the phone, and move about inside the office. This position requires the ability to sit, effectively use hands and fingers, talk and listen, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally this position may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is also a requirement.
We are located in Anchorage, Alaska. Although this role is fully remote, you will be require to work Mon-Fri, from 8a-5p Alaska Standard Time. This position is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and florescent lighting. It requires the regular use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
FlexForce IndustrialWhy Work Here?
Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employmentBeyond working in a mark
Finance and Insurance