The Injection Molding Process Technician will be based inLibertyville, IL. The Injection Molding Process Technician performsmolding machine startupsand corrects non-conformances using scientific molding and root-cause analysis techniques. Additionally, the Injection Molding Process Technician installs, removes, and troubleshoots complex plastic injection molds using various tools in a safe and efficient manner.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do...
- Complete daily cycle checklist toensuresafe and efficient operation of complexinjection molding equipment
- Perform set-up of injection molding equipment
- Setting and adjusting molds prior to production
- Process test runs and prepare records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to engineering and quality teams
- Daily mold and line cleaning
- Complete line clearance following color changes
- Adjusting production rates
- Respond to machine alarms
- Monitor, audit,and provide guidance to line operators
- Provide technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel
Here is some of what you'll need (required)...
- High school diploma or equivalent andAssociate's Degree in related field, technical training or equivalent education and training
- Experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding
- Minimum2 years of experience performing injection molding processing
- Strong Hands-On injection molding processing and troubleshooting ability using scientific approach .
- Experience with world class machines (Netstal, Krauss Maffei, Roboshot, etc) and tooling maintenance procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of robotics (Wittmann, Sepro, Yushin) and auxiliary equipment used with Plastics Injection molding machines
- Experience of Multi-Shot molding, automated color blending and central material drying system (Conair, Wittmann)
- Experience with engineering grade materials
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- Ability to work under limited supervision, to self-initiate activities and to work within time limits.
- Proficiency using shop monitoring systems for proper assignment of various codes, mold cavitation, etc.
- Ability to communicate root cause issues and actions being implemented
- Relentless continuous improvement driver
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Degree, Certification, or training in plastics highly desired
- Scientific molding such as RJG master molder highlydesired
- 2+years experience performing mold setups or similar work using tools and machinery related to plastic injection molding
- Good team building skills
- Ability to lead, guide/coach/Mentor and direct team members to support molding operation
- Medical parts/Device experience highly desired
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide...
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org