The Business Analyst is responsible for the creation, improvement and maintenance of reports and dashboards for business metrics to support business development, operations, strategic planning and regulatory models. This position will focus on specific operations, sales, and financial data and business intelligence tools containing this data. Provides problem solving abilities to support business systems as well other business intelligence tools. Delivers research and presentation materials according to business strategies and Company growth opportunities with business development.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve business applications for the most effective use of resources.
- Utilizes available systems and resources to carry out analysis to support management’s quest for performance improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes and procedures to ensure the Company’s business strategy is protected and achieved.
- Determines most useful business solutions for the Company recommending alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization’s goals.
- Provides business, schematic and quantitative analysis interpretations and insight in support of Company on customer objectives and initiatives.
- Analyzes and executes economic and regulatory studies and financial research in order to forecast trends in various business conditions in economic planning.
- Assesses and conducts studies prepares reports and gives advice on feasibility, cost effectiveness, and regulatory conformance of long- and short-range strategic plans, proposals, special projects, and ongoing programs to achieve the organization’s growth and profitability objectives
- Conducts field investigations, economic or public opinion data, demographic studies, or other appropriate research to gather required information.
- Converses with management or strategic planning forums to formulate strategic plans and directions, discuss overall intent of programs of projects and determine broad guidelines for studies, utilizing knowledge of subject area, research techniques, and regulatory limitations.
- Gather business requirements related to data and business intelligence needs.
- Coordinates the development and maintains the integrity of process models.
- Ability to prepare reports, schedules, presentations, procedure, and process documents.
- Suggest and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one to three years of experience in an analytical or corporate business group. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must have working knowledge of departmental function, procedures, terminology and interrelationships. Internal experience in an oil and gas related environment preferred.
Other Required Skills:
- PC Skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats and ability to recommend improvements. Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain data integrity and to extract data and prepare reports in an accurate and timely manner. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven skills in working with business intelligence resource tools and applications.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities. Must be able to work with interruption.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Experience in preparing materials for presentation to potential business partners and/or merger and acquisition proposals and documents to support growth of the business.