Location: Randolph AFB, San Antonio, TX
Clearance: Active Secret
Required Certification(s): Security+ CE
- Ensures long-term requirements of systems and database operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Maintain the onsite AFPOA Data Center SAN and the offsite Information Technology Disaster Recovery (ITDR) SAN and associated data storage devices for optimum performance and grant storage access to servers as required.
- Maintain Fiber Channel switching and routing infrastructure supporting all SAN storage devices.
- Maintain the necessary device and software service packs, patches, firmware and hot fixes to ensure stability.
- Ensure security preventive measures are functioning. Ensure SAN devices maintain security compliance IAW AIR FORCE MANUAL 17-1301, Cyberspace COMPUTER SECURITY (COMPUSEC), Air Force Network Operating Instructions, AFNOSC cyber orders.
- Provide RMF SAN administration support on ATO packages, and ensure SAN security preventive measures are functioning.
- Manage SAN management tools; including but not limited to: Nimble Storage InfoSight web interface console, Brocade Fabric Manager, HP Storage Essentials, HP Command View, HP Storage Works (HP LeftHand), OnTap/OnCommand (NetApp), and Unisphere/Data Domain System Manager (EMC).
- Coordinate installation/placement of devices on the SAN with AFPOA Infrastructure Network Administrators; and device/software repairs with vendor.
- Work/track SAN trouble tickets.
- Some Unix/Linux Sys Admin Skills, beginner/intermediate experience.
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Skills desired, can beginner/intermediate experience.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Security+ Certification