Assistant Account Executive - Political Cycle
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
What matters to you? Do you want a job that lets you fight for those things?
Good jobs let you apply your skills. Great jobs feed your sense of purpose.
If you want to feed your sense of purpose, come join the sharp, passionate communicators at GMMB who spend every day using their skills to try to make a difference in the world. We get great candidates elected. We fight to keep kids from getting addicted to tobacco. We improve access to education and health care. We protect reproductive rights and promote efforts to combat climate change.
We’re a unique collection of political wonks, communication strategists, media experts, creative thinkers and multimedia producers who’ve made it our mission to fight for what matters. And we could use somebody like you to help us craft powerful messages and plot out smart tactics to reach the right audiences at the right time to make a difference.
What do you say? Ready to join the team at our DC homebase or in our Seattle or San Francisco offices?
This is a full time salaried and benefits eligible position with a December 31, 2024 end date.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
GMMB adopts a hybrid work arrangement with an expectation to work from the DC office at least 2 days a week.
You are... an Assistant Account Executive on the Political Team who knows how to:
- Develop and maintain client and project documents, including timelines/calendars, budget trackers, meeting notes and conference call reports
- Research, analyze, and summarize political landscape and trends for prospective and current clients
- Develop quick-turn, succinct memos and briefs on developing issues in the political and media landscape
- Coordinate logistics and deliverables between account, creative, paid media, digital, billing, and/or production departments, which can include scheduling meetings, updating deliverables spreadsheets, and more
- Conduct footage research, pre-interviews of video shoot candidates, and assist team leaders with ad production process development
- Provide quality control support for production of all advertising and media content, from copy editing to footage cue sheet preparation and reviews
- Assist account teams with day-to-day execution of client work including social media strategy and content development, drafting and editing press releases and messaging materials, and supporting media monitoring and research across multiple clients including providing administrative support to multiple account team members and client accounts
- Schedule and coordinate client, internal, and vendor meetings and video calls
- Become well-versed on assigned clients and their priorities and issue areas
- Learn the services of the firm including media relations, communications, event planning, grassroots organizing and coalition building, advertising, and digital and social media
You have a..
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Previous internship or experience in political campaigns, advertising, communications, public relations, journalism, public policy, or related field a plus
- A positive attitude and are a team-player!
- A passion for Democratic politics and advocacy
- A strong work ethic and are willing to work long hours under tight deadlines in high pressure situations
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.
Get fresh Assistant Account Executive - Political Cycle jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.