The Management Trainee (MT) is a Site Manager in training. The MT is responsible for learning the systems, procedures, process, and operations of FleetLogix, with the goal of taking on the role of Site Manager for a future site location at the conclusion of the training period. Responsibilities include learning about site operations, customer relations, account management, technology, systems, company policies and procedures, payroll, scheduling, hiring, onboarding, training, discipline, and termination of employees and more. The supervisory skills mastered include managing both team and individual performance of employees such as Vehicle Service Agents, Driver/Transporters and Leads. The MT will spend time in training and will work at multiple site locations around the country in order to learn about the business and the different customers. The MT will work under FleetLogix operations leadership to develop the necessary skills needed for a future role as a Site Manager. The MT role requires flexibility and adaptability, and a willingness to travel and relocate. A relocation to the assigned work site location at the conclusion of the MT training is most likely necessary, which may be in another city and state. Training will take place at our Denver location near the airport, ideal applicants live in/near the Denver metropolitan area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learn about FleetLogix operations, customers, and unique location needs. Develop account management, customer relations and good customer service skills.
- Learn administrative skills such as payroll, scheduling, hiring, onboarding, performance management, discipline, terminations, benefits, worker’s compensation, accident, safety, and various reporting. Work with payroll and human resources to develop the necessary skills and knowledge related to FleetLogix policies and procedures.
- Attend all mandatory training for supervisors. Learn the necessary skills to successfully lead a team of employees. Must be able to coach or discipline employees as appropriate.
- Have the ability to travel for extended periods of time, up to but not limited to a month or several months. Adhere to a predetermined budget while traveling.
- Be willing and flexible to relocate to newly assigned site location at the conclusion of the Management Training, which may be in a different city and state.
- Partner with the Site Manager and local customer to identify cost-saving opportunities through efficiencies in scheduling and workflow.
- Learning to conduct weekly staff meetings and safety training.
- Coordinate with Site Manager and customer to discuss suggestions, improvements and challenges and make adjustments as applicable. Review return area, rental area, wholesale and shop placements with the client and ensure work tasks are completed with accuracy. Continuous follow-up with the client regarding workflow status.
- Interview, hire and train employees.
- Plan, assign and direct work.
- Evaluate and appraise performance.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required. Minimum of one to two years’ experience in managing or leading a team of employees required. Car rental, parking lot, or transportation industry experience highly preferred but not required. Technology background is a plus. Customer service oriented and good organizational skills required. Flexibility and adaptability are essential skills. Ability to travel 100% of the time for several months during the training program is required. Upon successful completion of the MTP must be willing to relocate to one of our locations as Site Manager.
Licenses & Certifications
Valid driver’s license required. Must pass a driver safety skills test and meet FleetLogix hiring standards for acceptable driving record in order to be hired. Must be at least 21 years of age with minimum 4 years of prior qualified driving experience, required for insurance and customer contract purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use hands; fingers and arms to grasp, reach, carry, or lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to get in and out of various size cars throughout the day as well as walk areas exceeding 100 yards multiple times per day.
How to Apply:
Walk:15290 E 6th Ave, Suite 170, Aurora, CO 80011
Office hours: Mon - Fri 8:00AM - 4:30PM
FleetLogix is the premier provider of fleet management and transportation services. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality service, consistency, maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
FleetLogix is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a workplace that is free of drugs and alcohol. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug, background and DMV (applicable positions) screenings.