Virtual Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Virtual Administrative Assistant
About the Role
As a Virtual Administrative Assistant, you’ll make a positive impact by directly helping dozens of interesting small business owners gain clarity in their finances and help reduce their tax position so that they can continue to grow and benefit the community.
You’ll be the company expert on all of our internal and external operations, with the sole goal of providing a top-of-the-line accounting and tax experience for entrepreneurs and their families.
With the rise in small business owners, especially in the health and wellness space, your help is needed now more than ever.
What Your Day to Day Will Look Like
· Updating internal Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool for new projects
· Collecting client tax documents into one central location while providing client with a clean, organized view of their information
· Emailing clients directly about outstanding information and reminders for overdue tasks
· Assisting with administrative tasks related to tax return preparation process such as creating tax return files, sending signature pages, and acting as liaison between tax preparers and reviewers, and delivering finalized tax returns to clients via email
· Occasionally preparing, sending, and following up on invoices. Most invoices are automatic.
· Occasionally entering data for one-off tax forms
· Creating automated monthly emails to clients to ensure proper documentation for tax planning strategies
· Sending various information requests to clients for accounting, tax, payroll, and bookkeeping purposes using the TaxDome software
· Automating client information request processes and internal workflow processes
· Adding client information to internal payroll processing system
· Occasionally assisting with applications for state payroll tax IDs
· Setting internal reminders for various tasks that need to be revisited in the future
· Taking notes on phone calls and drafting summary of action points to be sent to client afterwards
· Scheduling phone calls using Calendly and Zoom
· Sending welcome gifts and holiday gifts to clients
· Assisting with social media and blog posts as needed
What You Need to Succeed
· You believe in delivering awesome customer service and you have experience in a customer-facing role
· You have experience with administrative work
· You have experience working in the accounting and tax industry
· You are picky and you have a hard time sleeping when something isn’t “just right”
· You have experience managing projects or tasks at a department or organizational level
· You are interested in productivity and implementing and/or tweaking systems to make things run smoother
· You are a problem solver
· You are a clear communicator
· You like working in a fast-paced environment
1. Bring the right attitude - The attitude you bring every day will dictate your experience and growth as well as the experience and growth of those around you.
2. Be kind at every turn - Whether you are speaking to a client or a coworker, your tone and choice of words should always be kind. In the world of accounting, there can be many reasons to get frustrated, but there is an opportunity at every step along the way.
3. Approach everything with an open-mind – Whether it's a client trying to explain their problems or a new software being implemented, an open mind will resolve the situation in the right manner. Without an open mind, your growth is limited and so is the growth of the firm.
4. Have a passion to learn - With education comes hope, and with hope comes true happiness. A consistent eagerness to learn, even when you question the purpose of learning, will bring you to new heights that you did not previously expect.
Our Recruitment Process
1. Our team will review your resume
2. You will receive an email to set up a time for your initial interview with the owner via Zoom
3. You will be asked to complete a short skills test
4. You will receive feedback on your skills test and an invite for two more interviews
5. We will inform you on our decision
Our mission is to empower business owners who are making a difference in the health of our community by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Flax CPA & Business Solutions is one of the top, 100% virtual, fully paperless, online accounting firms serving business owners all over the US. We’re incredibly focused on providing value to our customers and what matters to us is not the cut of your suit, but rather how you treat other people, approach new challenges, and promote the team-first environment.
BusinessView all jobs at Flax CPA