- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Flatiron School is seeking a Staff Engineer to design and deliver high quality software and help drive decision making for the technical architecture of our systems.
As Flatiron School grows we are faced with the challenge of scaling our service-based architecture to meet our growing student body. Our systems feature a mix of services in Ruby/Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, orchestrated through CloudAMQP and deployed on AWS. Our stack also features React. We are looking for generalists who enjoy working across the software stack and have an advanced understanding of programming and service-based architecture.
What You Will Do:
- Understand our goals and OKRs and drive technical solutions to achieve them.
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture.
- Design stable and performant products, systems, and APIs.
- Identify, propose, and drive initiatives to improve our code quality and engineering processes.
- Be a role model for other engineers, championing best practices and collaboration.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members through pair programming, code reviews, and one-on-one coaching.
- Actively share knowledge and experience with the rest of the team.
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of proven software architecture experience
- You have extensive experience writing scalable, high-performant, maintainable, and clean code.
- You have a deep understanding of systems design.
- You have considerable programming experience with modern languages and frameworks (though we primarily use React/Ruby/Rails/Elixir/Phoenix).
- You have experience with Git-based team workflow and modern CI/CD deployment flows.
- You are comfortable with AWS
- You possess a working knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- You enjoy working collaboratively across teams and functions such as product and design.
- You have an affinity for knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Expected Compensation Band:
- 180K - 210K annually
For benefits information, visit https://flatironschool.com/careers/.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Flatiron School provides equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, military status or any other legally protected characteristic. This includes recruiting, hiring, working conditions, benefits, and other employment matters such as pay, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, and reduction in force. It is the policy of Flatiron School to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and to ensure equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment or potential employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Flatiron School values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Flatiron School is committed to working with people from all walks of life. If you require a reasonable accommodation in any part of the employment process, please contact people @ flatironschool.com
AddressMyrtle Point, OR
EngineeringView all jobs at Flatiron School