Alumni Event Ambassador
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
Flatiron School is seeking recent graduates to join our Community Team as Alumni Ambassadors. In this role, you will assist our onsite team in building and maintaining an engaged prospective student community on a contract, per event basis (3-5 hours a month). This is a consumer-facing role and will be best for individuals who are outgoing, driven, enjoy meeting new people and are enthusiastic about representing Flatiron School on the front line to potential prospects and partners.
As an Alumni Ambassador, you represent Flatiron School with the highest respect for prospective students and their engagement with the brand and embody Flatiron School’s core values both externally and internally: make no little plans, be scrappy, work together, radiate positivity, and pursue mastery.
The Alumni Event Ambassador will help to manage and coordinate local events including:
- Be able to answer key questions on our products - their values, features, and benefits
- Execute run of show logistics including event set-up, vendor relationships, food & beverage, event attendee check-in, decorations, swag, confirmation of speakers, post-event teardown, and post-event surveys, etc.
- Execute aspects of event experience for Flatiron School including evening or weekend events
- Regularly report event performance, including RSVPs, attendees, and specific event feedback and experience
- Where needed, open to conducting campus tours with prospective students
A successful Alumni EventAmbassador is/has:
- A Flatiron School graduate and able to work during Flatiron School events on nights/weekends, around 3-5hrs per month
- Extremely social: you thrive in front of a crowd and enjoy interacting with others
- A doer: highly motivated, organized and scrappy. Able to see ideas through implementation independently
- A culture carrier: empathetic to our students and mission-driven
- A strong cross-functional communicator that is organized and meets agreed-upon deadlines
- A quick learner: from new applications to new concepts, you pick things up quickly and enthusiastically
You believe that the purpose of education is to enable the pursuit of a better life, and that it starts with a fulfilling and rewarding career. You believe that many problems in our world can be solved through education, and you’re excited to play a part in that transformation.
Expected Compensation Range
- $20- an hour. This role is part-time and hourly, with no set or guaranteed hours on a weekly basis. Hours will be determined based on availability and event scheduling needs
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Flatiron School provides equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, military status or any other legally protected characteristic. This includes recruiting, hiring, working conditions, benefits, and other employment matters such as pay, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, and reduction in force. It is the policy of Flatiron School to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and to ensure equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment or potential employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Flatiron School values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Flatiron School is committed to working with people from all walks of life. If you require a reasonable accommodation in any part of the employment process, please contact people @ flatironschool.com
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?