Skip to Main Content

Application Developer and Database Administrator

Flathead County Kalispell, MT

  • Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description

Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support web or desktop applications, databases and servers. Develop and support software for the County's various departments, including public-facing services. Additionally, this employee develops interfaces between both in-house software as well as interfaces to and from third-party software. The tasks performed require experience in writing programs and/or websites, performing systems analysis work, secure application development and should include secure programming practices (i.e. knowing how to prevent SQL injection and Cross Site Request Forgery). This employee should know how to perform database administration tasks including, but not limited to, installing, upgrading, configuring and administering database application software, creating and maintaining databases, conducting performance checks and monitoring, creating backup jobs, and all other database related tasks.

For consideration, please submit your resume and application details using https://flathead.mt.gov/human_resources/apply/.

Company Description
Located in Northwest Montana, Flathead County encompasses 3,262,720 acres or 5,098 square miles. Approximately 94% of the land mass is National or State Forest Land, Wilderness, Agricultural, and Corporate Timber Land, thus confining development to the remaining 6% of the area.

There are 3 incorporated cities in the County. Kalispell, which is the largest, has a population of approximately 19,927. Two additional major municipalities include Whitefish, with a population of 6,357, and Columbia Falls, with a population of 4,688. There are also several small full service communities in Flathead County, which have been designated as Census Designated Places, which will also have population and housing info. Countywide, the population has increased from 74,471 in 2000, to an estimated 107,384 in 2021. Native residents are now greatly out numbered by new residents. A large percentage of new residents are retirees and middle aged professionals.

Attraction development has greatly increased in recent years contributing to the influx of tourists and tourism based services, and moving the economic base towards Recreation and Tourism, and creating new jobs in the service industry. Flathead County's population increases by 40%, during the months of June through August.

Flathead County

Located in Northwest Montana, Flathead County encompasses 3,262,720 acres or 5,098 square miles. Approximately 94% of the land mass is National or State Forest Land, Wilderness, Agricultural, and Corporate Timber Land, thus confining development to the remaining 6% of the area. There are 3 incorporated cities in the County. Kalispell, which is the largest, has a population of approximately 19,927. Two additional major municipalities include Whitefish, with a population of 6,357, and Columbia Falls, with a population of 4,688. There are also several small full service communities in Flathead County, which have been designated as Census Designated Places, which will also have population and housing info. Countywide, the population has increased from 74,471 in 2000, to an estimated 107,384 in 2021. Native residents are now greatly out numbered by new residents. A large percentage of new residents are retirees and middle aged professionals. Attraction development has greatly increased in recent years contributing to the influx of tourists and tourism based services, and moving the economic base towards Recreation and Tourism, and creating new jobs in the service industry. Flathead County's population increases by 40%, during the months of June through August.

Flathead County's Logo

Address

920 South Main Street

Kalispell, MT
USA

Industry

Technology

Website

View all jobs at Flathead County