** Please apply for this position by visiting our Careers page at www.flatbranchhomeloans.com/careers, or by copying & pasting the following URL in the address bar:
This is an entry level position responsible for review and shipping of closed residential mortgage loan files. A Post Closing Shipper is responsible for developing and maintaining a general understanding of the organization’s loan products and lending guidelines, as well as investor overlays and agency guidelines. Their review of loan files is to ensure compliance with both internal and external investor guidelines and due dates for delivery and purchase of loans. Exceptional attentional to detail and proficient computer skills are necessary in this position in order to properly review, upload, index, assemble, stack and transmit the loans as required.
The position requires above average time management skills due to high volume. Shippers must be able to stay calm under pressure and work to independently prioritize individual pipelines according to deadlines. Regular and punctual attendance is critical in this team environment. Some filing and other administrative duties are necessary.
- Reviewing mortgage loan files for completion and accuracy
- Auditing loan closing documentation for accuracy and to ensure integrity
- Uploading and indexing imaged files to loan origination system
- Monitor and maintain loan shipping schedule in coordination with Secondary Marketing to meet all investor deadlines for rate expiration.
- Packaging, imaging, uploading, transmitting of reviewed and completed loan files after assembling in a specific stacking order for delivery to specified investor in a saleable loan status by delivery dates and lock expiration dates
- Manage loan collateral documents by coordinating release to document custodians or investors to facilitate loan sales prior to commitment expirations
- Activate PMI certificates
- Submit to USDA for GLS Confirmation as applicable
- Aid in the research and cure of any shipping-related suspense issues to determine validity of the issue and to determine the correct course for resolution. This includes addressing and/or clearing all issues in a timely manner in accordance with the timeframes dictated by the specific investors so as to minimize additional cost to cure.
- Data entry support for the loan servicing department
- Maintain files with confidentiality.
- Operate and maintain office machinery, including copiers, fax machines and printer
- Identify persistent error trends and report those trends immediately to management
- Maintain and cultivate a master inventory of department policies, practices and processes
- Maintain an active, general knowledge base of all the organization’s loan products and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of the organization’s lending guidelines, investor overlays and agency requirements to audit for possible regulatory non-compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs and stoop or kneel for filing.
- Proficient computer skills required; knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Internet Browsers.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers, telephones, voice mail, copy machines and scanners
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and Standard English usage; business correspondence formats, record keeping and filing methods; basic math calculations.
- Must possess good judgment and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use e-mail, telephone, and other communication tools as necessary.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize, organize and complete work in an efficient manner. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Attention to detail required.
- Demonstrates a track record of reliability and dependability, including the ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret and follow variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and complete assignments without detailed directions. Problem solving skills required
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Available to work overtime; if applicable
- Flexible attitude with ability to work under pressure
- Phone and email interaction with various employees, customers and investor representatives. Must be able to communicate with these individuals with courtesy and respect, while maintaining a positive business relationship.
- Prefer candidates with prior banking/mortgage experience, especially shipping, servicing or post-closing departments.
- Experience working primarily in a paperless environment
- Know-how with loan collateral delivery process
- Knowledge of loan origination systems, such as Encompass
- Working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures
- Understand that good working relationships are one of the keys to success in this organization
- Individuals seeking a career with interest to grow and develop in the mortgage industry