- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1976, Flare Construction, LLC, a Quanta Services Company, is a full-service contractor providing heavy, civil, industrial, and energy construction services for customers in 12 western states. Our growth and success have been optimized by retention of experienced, long-term employees, prompt responsiveness to customers’ needs, exceptional service and workmanship, and the highest degree of commitment to safety in the work environment. Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, vacation, life insurance, short/long-term disability insurance and 401k.
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Controller and VP of Finance. This role will have responsibility for direct financial activities, such as 401k reporting, various monthly/quarterly reports, fixed asset tracking, and month end close procedures for the organization. Additional responsibilities include compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data. Flexible work location as needed. This is a full-time office position located in Coalville, UT.
ESSENTIAL/ NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with supervision of employees and perform financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Assist with coordination and direction of the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization.
- Assist in implementing internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior construction industry experience
- CPA preferred
- Prior experience in accounting for a publicly-traded company or public accounting
Supervises others: Yes
Percent of time: <10% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Language Skills: Advanced Level
Mathematical Skills: Advanced level
Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level
Computer Skills: Microsoft Outlook, Accounting Software, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Company Specific Software.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic, changing environment
- Solid critical thinking and decision making ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematics skills
- Advanced knowledge of business and management principles
- Skilled in managing processes
Flare is an EEO and drug free company.
Employment eligibility checked through E-Verify.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Flare Construction