This position is responsible to lead the plant team to improve safety, manufacturing, engineering, quality, and shipping within the plant. This will ensure customer needs, safety requirements and corporate policies, procedures and operation goals are met and preferably exceeded. The direction of these efforts works toward achievement of profit and balanced growth within the values framework and objectives of Flambeau Inc.
- Overall responsibility for the safety of all associates within the plant.
- Regulatory compliance for the plant with regard to OSHA and the EPA.
- Responsibility for injection molding, finishing, warehouse and shipping operations.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding profitability goals for the plant.
- Leading, implementing and sustaining Lean Manufacturing initiatives at the plant.
- Leading plant performance using metric-based tools including KPIs, Operational Excellence Systems, and Balanced Scorecards.
- Oversee the maintenance of building, grounds and machinery.
- Determine proper staffing for all plant departments and oversee the hiring and evaluation of all associates at the plant.
- Maintain an effective, trained and qualified workforce with good labor relations.
- Responsible for the security of company assets.
- Establish and adhere to production schedules.
- Overall responsibility for the quality of products produced to IATF 16949 and ISO14001 standards within the plant.
- Approve and properly validate all new parts prior to production launch.
- Update and maintain all bills and routing for the plant.
- Control costs consistent with established production rates and materials.
- Effective and timely communication with Customer Service and other departments within the company.
- Maintain good customer relationships with high levels of performance and effective communication.
- Maintain IATF Business Management System certifications.
- Overall responsibilities for the supply chain function of the plant.
- Ensure company policies, rules and regulations are followed.
- This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, laptop and cell phone. May be required to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally. Most work is completed in a corporate office environment, with regular walk-throughs and hands on leadership on the shop floor.
- 4 year degree in related field. Advanced education preferred.
- 3-5 years Operations Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thermoplastic or rubber molding experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.