Quality Assurance Senior Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
At Flagstone Foods, we believe appreciation grows goodness. We have an appreciation for our customers, our employees, and the communities in which we live. Appreciation is our main ingredient!
Headquartered in the North Loop of Minneapolis with plants in Robersonville, North Carolina, El Paso, Texas, and Dothan, Alabama, we are one of North America’s largest manufacturers and distributors of “feel good snacks,” like flavorful snack nuts, innovative trail mixes and wholesome dried fruits…and we are adding to our team! We hire creative, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial team members. If you share our enthusiasm and appreciation for goodness, you too may find a home with Flagstone Foods.
POSITION: Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: VP of Quality
As the Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance this individual ensures efficient production and compliance with all Company quality, safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices policies and procedures. This role is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the quality assurance program designed to ensure that the plant and finished products conform to all customer, federal and state regulatory requirements, as well as implements and maintains Flagstone Foods Corporate Quality Assurance policies and procedures. The incumbent also facilitates the quality improvement program and serves as the plant liaison in dealings with regulatory agencies, vendors, and customer company’s resources. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is innovative, results-driven, and will thrive on the kinds of opportunities and challenges that come with working in a fast-paced, multi-channel CPG business!
- Provides direct supervision to subordinates in QA and Sanitation across 3 shifts, including making employee decisions, providing training and development opportunities, and conducting performance reviews, coaching sessions, and weekly 1x1 meetings with direct reports.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product and compliance audits, investigating consumer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to resolve issues.
- Maintains the food safety aspect of the plant by periodically performing internal audits of the facility to verify that procedures mandated by the company, state and Federal governmental agencies are being adhered to. This includes GMPs, Sanitation, Food Safety Plans, and Safety.
- Acts as plant liaison in dealings with regulatory agencies, vendors, client company representatives and auditors. Reviews and maintains all required processing records and regulatory inspections and reports. Provides support to R&D on projects as needed.
- Maintains all aspects of the Quality Assurance Laboratory, including microbiological, chemical, physical, and sensory aspects of all food products manufactured at this facility. This also includes coordination of the sampling and testing with Production.
- Ensures that all preventative measures as outlined in Food Safety plan are executed, monitored, and record reviewed to include corrective and preventative actions.
- Oversees the Pest Control program in the facility through coordination with contracted pest control service representatives.
- Develops, updates, and implements the plant Food Safety program. Directs the cross-functional Food Safety team, including regular plant audits and monthly team meetings. Ensures that plant personnel is properly trained on a regular basis and that training is effective.
- Manages departmental priorities, metrics, and training for quality and sanitation.
- Follow all company policies and procedures. Comply with all GMPs, food safety and quality procedures to ensure that food safety and quality objectives are met. Comply with all safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment. Report all safety, food safety and quality problems to management. Work cooperatively with others both those on your team and with on other teams.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a quality function, including a minimum of five (5) years in quality management required
- SQF Practitioner and PCQI certified required
- Demonstrated increasing responsibility in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in the food industry
- Experience with snacks or nuts preferred
- PCQI certification and knowledge implementing SQF
- Strong project management skills
- Strong skills using excel and other QA data systems and reporting applications
- Self-direction with the ability to work independently, as well as with groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs and the ability to lead others through change
- Sense of urgency and ownership regarding role and needs of organization
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to think critically
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described within the Job Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change, or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Be independently mobile.
- Use a computer and keyboard.
FLSA Designation: This position is Salaried Exempt and not eligible for overtime.
Work Location: El Paso, TX (ability to travel up to 10-25%)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
AddressEl Paso, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Flagstone Foods
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?