*** Email resume and published clips to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 p.m. Saturday, March 14, 2020. ***
Nebraska Life Magazine is looking for talented Writing & Photography Correspondents to help us cover Nebraska for our bimonthly print magazine subscribers. We write entertaining stories about the people, places, history, culture and communities of our state. Our subscribers are residents of Nebraska who want to know and understand their state better.
Writing applicants should have a portfolio that demonstrates their ability for crisp, clean and concise copy with lively anecdotes and colorful quotations. Photography applicants should have experience shooting feature stories for print publications. Can you do both writing and photography? Even better!
Our Writing & Photography Correspondents are contract positions that have the opportunity to grow into a staff position at Nebraska Life's family-owned parent company, Flagship Publishing, which also publishes Colorado Life and Utah Life magazines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Researching, interviewing and writing
- Editorial photography, including DSLR or mirrorless
- Adobe Photoshop
- Associated Press style
- Magazine writing
- Newspaper writing
- Travel writing
- Ability to travel
- An appreciation for print magazines
- A willingness to learn and adapt to various writing and photography styles
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, political science, integrated communications, business administration, marketing, science or related fields of study