Advertising Sales and Marketing Manager
*** Apply for this Advertising Sales and Marketing Manager job at Flagship Publishing by emailing cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020. ***
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Advertising Sales and Marketing Manager to lead the advertising sales department for our multi-state regional magazine publishing company. The position is based in our Windsor, Colorado headquarters in beautiful Northern Colorado. Duties include coaching, developing and managing advertising sales staff, planning and implementing advertising sales marketing activities, and managing key accounts.
What is Flagship Publishing? We’re a family-owned publisher that specializes in statewide general-interest subscriber print magazine. That’s right: print. We believe in thoughtful, entertaining stories about people, place, history and culture. We work with top writers and photographers to publish beautiful, keepsake magazines for residents of our states (Nebraska, Colorado and Utah). We continue to grow and expand our network of magazines and readers, most recently with the successful launch of Utah Life in 2018.
If you are hired as our Advertising Sales and Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for:
1. Nurturing and developing advertising relationships in tourism, hospitality, government, non-profit, healthcare, finance, service and buy-local verticals.
2. Overseeing, guiding and implementing our advertising sales marketing efforts, including CRM database management, email marketing, direct mail marketing, lead generation, media kits, rate cards, and sales and marketing schedules.
3. Daily management of a lean team of full- and part-time advertising sales reps through hiring, coaching, training, career development, account assignment, compensation and motivation, reviews and discipline.
4. Developing and implementing plans to reach revenue goals per issue, per title and per year, while managing department expenses.
Qualifications & Skills
To do this job well, you should have...
- A track record of personal sales success
- 6+ years of experience in sales and marketing, including media sales
- 2 years of sales management
- Effective verbal, written and personal communication skills
- Demonstrated history of being a self-starter
- Demonstrated history of being a creative problem-solver
- Professional organizational habits with a penchant for processes
- Strong decision-making, delegation and follow-up skills
- Excellent listing, recall and assimilation skills
- An appreciation for magazines, especially print magazines
- A strong work ethic that includes working extra to get the job done right
- A drive to succeed
- A joy in helping others
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in sales, marketing, business management or related field of study
Pay and Benefits
Pay for this position is a base salary with a tiered annual bonus structure based on revenue growth by magazine and the department. We provide company-sponsored retirement, vacation, holidays, paid sick time, maternity leave and continuing education.
Why Work Here?We publish subscriber print magazines that explore the life and culture of our states – Nebraska, Colorado and Utah. We work hard, we help each other and we love our readers and advertisers who support us in our creative pursuits.
We hire curious, creative, helpful and hardworking people who dream of making amazing magazines!