As a representative for our company, you will be responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, repairs on buildings for assigned facilities, with an emphasis on electrical maintenance and repairs and schedule maintenance and repairs with subcontractors.
**Will be overseeing two sites, San Mateo & Burlingame. Driving own vehicle w/mileage reimbursement.
1. Respond to any reactive maintenance and repair requirements in a timely manner
2. Performs general building maintenance without supervision
3. Confidently prioritize projects and maintenance issues to ensure work gets resourced and completed in a timely and successful manner
4. Occasionally be on-call for weekend/evening/morning facilities projects and emergencies
5. Develop ongoing relationships with building management, building engineers and service providers (ranging from General Contractors to Furniture vendors to Pest Control)
6. Be responsible for answering, monitoring, and closing office work orders and tickets in a timely manner
7. Manage various other vendors as necessary
8. Assists in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices
9. Lights and ballast replacements
10. Trouble shoot plumbing issues and repair problems
11. Work with cubes and furniture moves
12. Perform minor HVAC repairs and maintenance under close supervision
13. Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems
14. Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
15. Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance
16. Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
17. Inspect electrical distribution systems for safety and efficiency
18. Assist in maintaining and operating life safety/fire systems
19. Practice safe work habits at all times
20. Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
21. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in electrical and HVAC or any similar combination of experience and education.
2. Experience using facilities ticketing tools.
3. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks.
4. Background checks will be required.
5. Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
6. Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills
8. Ability to communicate effectively
9. May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties.
10. PC skills
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2. 3-10 years of experience in commercial facilities and building maintenance.
3. 2-3 years of facilities operations or similar field
1. Small-to-large work environment.
2. Safety glasses required while performing certain tasks.
3. Fast paced work environment.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
6. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
1. Be able to pass a criminal background requirements
2. Have own vehicle to travel between facilities in San Mateo and Burlingame
3. Have own basic hand tools and battery drill
4. Clean driver’s license