THIS IS A NIGHTS/WEEKENDS POSITION:
SAT, SUN (6AM-4:30PM) & MON-WED (11PM-5:00AM)
SAT, SUN (6PM-4:30AM) & WED-FRI (11PM-5:00AM)
A technical cleaner job requirements, duties, and responsibilities are to ensure that the manufacturing facility is kept cleaned. This is a labor intensive position requiring cleaning work and working under hazardous conditions, using personal protection equipment such as Tyvek suits, fall protection, safety glasses and a respirator.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures and or equipment.
- Remove hazardous chemicals or be required to clean, inspect, maintain and repair equipment and machinery.
- Maintain equipment clean and orderly.
- Mix chemical(s) in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the day to day operation of the facility.
- May be required to use specialized equipment to perform duties.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceiling and dust and polishes equipment.
- Empty use trash and replace liners.
- Assists customers with requests: special requests by customers
- Must maintain a neat appearance. A uniform is required at some worksites.
- Must attend periodic training and safety meetings.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic cleaning practices, industrial cleaning and responsibilities very helpful.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills. Some positions require the ability to speak/understand English.
- Must be able to understand and anticipate the needs of the clients.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial facilities and building janitorial work desired.
- Large manufacturing environment.
- Safety glasses required while performing job duties.
- Tyvek Suit Required
- Respiration Certification required - Must be used will performing certain tasks and it requires no facial hair
- Fast paced work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, cleaning products and noise.
- Must be punctual.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to perform the following repetitive movements: stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. Ability to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move a minimum of 40 pounds of office and facilities equipment (cleaning products, tools, and ladders) and trash and the ability to safely use equipment provided. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.