Flagship Facility Services Culinary is now accepting applications for a dynamic HR Generalist to be part of a growing Human Resources Department for a high-profile client within the culinary division.
The HR Generalist will serve as the local subject matter expert on local, state and federal employment laws and compliance requirements while in partnership with the Corporate HR team. The HR Generalist will work closely with local managers to develop an HR agenda that closely supports the strategic objectives of the organization, while building and maintaining a strong local employer brand. This person will identify trends to drive productivity, employee retention, injury reduction/prevention, and employee development to ensure service excellence.
This role may work within individual business units, providing HR guidance to front-line culinary managers and staff, while making recommendations on all employee matters. Other responsibilities include implementing company policies, training and development programs, employee recognition programs, employee relations support, client staffing, health and safety initiatives, compensation and benefits plans.
- Play a contributing role in the development and implementation of employee programs, while driving the execution of such programs within the assigned operation(s).
- Will provide daily guidance to the local team on HR matters.
- Serves as the face of HR for all Flagship culinary employees in assigned client cafes.
- Conduct weekly updates with respective business units and client management.
- Consult with front-line management while providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to recommend and develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts and oversees effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides performance management guidance to management team and employees in the areas of coaching, counseling, career development and employee engagement.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Be part of identify training needs for assigned cafes.
- Implement and administer the company’s human resources policies and practices.
- Assist to ensure that employee relations issues, including the investigation and resolution of employee complaints, are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Assist with and conduct supervisory/management and employee training programs, as needed.
- Oversees the timely response to all Unemployment and EEOC claims.
- Oversee the exit interview process and analyze departure trends.
- Lead and/or facilitate supervisor/manager and employee meetings when appropriate.
- Drives the safety, workers compensation, and other risk management programs and procedures at the client site.
- Provide employment-related reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders, including the Client and those at Corporate, as well as other regions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge and practical application of Federal, state and local employment laws with a solid human resource skill-set.
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully, and flexibly.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive, written/verbal communication, planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Culinary and or hospitality experience is a plus.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Ability to manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and recommend new strategies to address competitive and complex business issues.
Education and Work Experience
- A four-year degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Organization Behavior or other related degree. In lieu of a 4-year degree, an A.A. degree in HR and 5-7 years of experience as an HR professional. In lieu of a college degree, certification at least 7 years of HR experience.
- HR Certifications such as SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years customer-centric, business-aligned, operationally-oriented Human Resources Business Partner experience.
- At least 3 years of employee relations, labor relations experience, worker’s compensation case handling, and previous experience with employee recognition programs.
- Strong service industry experience, preferably in the culinary or hospitality industry is considered a plus!
- Small-to-large office environment
- Fast paced office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and kitchen environments.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.