It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Advise and Support Operations Management
1. Support and coach Flagship site supervisors to drive down injuries and identify opportunities to improve and achieve annual safety objectives and targets by influencing and collaborating with front line union and non-union employees
2. Act as a technical expert to Site Safety Committee
3. Work with IFM management and leadership to identify annual safety objectives and targets
4. Work with site leadership to implement safety performance metrics, analysis and solutions for improvement.
5. Provide assistance to site Management and site Safety Committee in conducting accident and incident investigations and identify and track corrective actions.
6. Analyze all safety data for site Flagship operations including leading indicators such as safety observations and proactively present operations with solutions to correct any safety related issues discovered
7. Partner with clients EHS team leaders onsite to ensure alignment and compliance.
Compliance,Auditing and Risk Management
1. Conduct periodic audits and inspections of areas of Flagship operations to identify opportunities for improvement and drive compliance to regulations and company internal standards
2. Conduct and follow-up on accident/incident investigations and ensure appropriate corrective actions are identified and completed per risk analysis requirements
3. Conduct hazard risk assessments for new job tasks and bids/proposals
4. Review risks of any new chemicals entering the work environment and provide new chemical notices to the client
5. Develop Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) to address safety and other operational deficiencies
6. Own JHAs for all critical positions, working with site operators in those positions.
7. Create and Implement JHAs/JSAs for new work processes and procedures as needed.
1. Identify new/additional compliance training needs and develop IFM specific training modules where necessary
2. Ensure client-required training is conducted, as needed
3. Ensure monthly safety and technical training is completed and reported
4. Audit sites for all equipment certifications and own training compliance for forklift, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.
5. Audit sites monthly for housekeeping and compliance with 5S.
1. Monitor various resources to maintain awareness of changes that may impact the companys regulatory compliance;
2. Communicate and advise operations management on changes to regulations or internal company standards that will impact operations
3. Ensure where applicable hearing tests are completed, confined workspace permits are in place, hot work permits, LOTO, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Familiarity with appropriate federal, state, and local safety regulations (primarily General Industry, but some knowledge of Construction, Transportation (DOT)
2. Ability to create new EHS policies, programs, and procedures for site as needed and work with site leadership to effectively communicate these new policies, programs, and procedures
3. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; to include: IFM, site Flagship leadership, Client Leadership and site Flagship employees
4. Ability to conduct and support accident and incident investigations and utilize findings to develop CAPA plans and influence management to effectively change behaviors
5. Ability to evaluate analytical data to prioritize EHS non-conformances, identify, and solve moderately complex problems
6. Ability to be flexible, creative and innovative in identifying and implementing solutions.
7. Ability to use various risk assessment methodologies
8. Very good verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and training to management and employees.
9. Familiarity with a Safety Management System such as ISO 45001 and/or OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) a plus
10. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Education and Work Experience
1. Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in the industrial or service industry safety field
2. B.S./B.A. in safety, industrial hygiene or other science or engineering-related field
3. GSP or ASP certification preferred
1. Availability for occasional evening and weekend work if required
2. Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment
1. This position must be bonded. Requires the passing of a criminal background check
2. Must have a valid and clean drivers license
3. Must pass a pre-work physical examination and drug testing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use a computer keyboard; occasionally stand, walk, or sit; reach out with hands and arms; climb stairs; bend down or kneel; and occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. or less.
2. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision, color clarity and discrimination, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Under The Americans with Disabilities Act reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
FlagShip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Flagship Facility Services