Flagship Credit Acceptance, a regional non-prime automotive lender, seeks an experienced professional to join its Information Technology Department as it continues to transform and enhance its position in the market as a leading non-prime consumer finance lender.
Candidates should be comfortable with small company environments and expected to concurrently manage multiple complex projects and a fast-paced dynamic organization.
The Data Developer is part of a project team working to deliver data solutions to the business.
Responsibilities & Expected Activities
- Work with Project Team to review project intent and flush out technical requirements.
- Design and code database table to store incoming data
- Create Data Models
- Work with Application Developers to create optimized queries
- Create DB triggers for automation
- Create table indexes to improve database performance
- Build views, stored procedures, functions and SSIS packages
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Work with IT team and end-users to help troubleshoot problems
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to critical database incidents
- After-hours support for application release and change management activities
- Provide technical guidance to junior Data Developers
- Provide thought leadership on development standards and policies
- Code review of colleagues work to ensure consistency and viability of logic
- Skilled enough to teach and mentor junior members on any of the technical skills listed above.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
- Consumer finance experience preferred
- 5+ years of recent MS SQL Server experience
- Experience with ETL and Active Batch
- Advanced understanding of T-SQL programming, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014
- Solid knowledge of database administration and best practices
- Experience with SSIS packages to load, transform and process data
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a complex and fast-changing environment
- Able to learn new technologies
Relocation and Visa Sponsorship not available for this position
Flagship Credit Acceptance LLC ("Flagship"), headquartered in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania with offices in Irving, Texas, and Tempe, Arizona, helps credit-challenged auto shoppers secure financing through partnerships with primarily franchised auto dealers and through its direct lending site, CarFinance.com. Flagship Credit has successfully grown its portfolio to $2.9 billion in managed receivables. The Company currently purchases indirect auto contracts from a nationwide network of over 7,000 dealers and originates direct to consumers in 46 states.