Flag Solutions Pico Rivera, CA
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under direct supervision, the Human Resource Specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Assists with union contract revisions and editing.
- Maintain current knowledge of the union contracts in place.
- Intakes employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- May assist with screening (review of applications, telephone interviews, contact with candidates)
- Update, as directed, human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- As directed, propose or draft personnel policies or procedures.
- As directed, participates in meetings that involve a range of issues (e.g. personal actions, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies, inter-department needs, etc.) for the purpose of developing recommendations and/or supporting other staff.
- Update and maintain the Office Supervisor Desk Reference Guide
- Process terminations and ensure all necessary legal requirements/paperwork is completed by state.
- Provides management with information or proposes training related to HRIS processes.
- Presents information on a variety of topics for the purpose of conveying information and/or making recommendations or implementing new processes.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Interfaces with branch to ensure new hire paperwork is completed and entered into the HRIS systems.
- Assists with maintenance of headcount budget through tracking of budgeted positions, vacancies and search method; compiles organizational charts and FTE tracking;
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports for governmental compliance.
- Verifies I-9s through E-verify and maintenance of I-9 files.
- Responsible for maintenance of employee files for both current and terminated employees.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Exemplify the Company core values of Partnership, Performance, Passion and Initiative in all aspects of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines (project management skills).
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Must have strong MS Excel, Adobe In-design and MS office skills. Recruiting, HRMS computer systems and Desktop publishing experience a plus.
AddressPico Rivera, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Flag Solutions