Solution Architect - Commercial (Baltimore)
- Posted: over a month ago
From Fivetran's founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We're proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Solution Architect sits at the intersection of technical expertise and business experience. Holistic consultative approaches drive customer value generation. This technical subject matter expert will be instrumental in ensuring customers continue to add value with their data and in turn grow usage within our existing customer base through opportunity discovery and execution of Fivetran's continuous adoption framework. Solution Architects will also work to improve customer experiences that start in the sales cycle and extend through all post-sales functions including Account Management and Support.
This technical leader will ensure their and colleague teams have the capacity, capability, and motivation to deliver Solution Architect across the full customer journey including establishing the technical win in coordination with sales engineering, building flawless customer onboarding experiences, customer care, ongoing engagement, consumption growth, and net revenue retention. This technical expert will act as an internal advocate for customers and bring the voice of the customer into the rest of the organization to share perspectives leading to an increase in meaningful outcomes and increasing business value to our customers.
Customer Success at Fivetran isn't about by-the-numbers 'check-ins' with customers - our regular customer conversations are informed by a deep empathy with our customers' business needs, and a data-driven understanding of their current product usage. Solution Architects will get the customer and product exposure to continue to develop into a subject matter expert in the fast-growing data and analytics space. As a Solution Architect you will work with some of our largest customers ensuring they are best leveraging Fivetran to power their data needs.
As a Senior Solution Architect at Fivetran you will consistently deliver the following:
- Cultivate Great Experiences: For customers, employees, and partners
- Establish Focus: on increasing value, removing obstacles and enhancing knowledge
- Enable Others: Leverage knowledge and experience to raise others knowledge and ability to apply it to diverse situations and problems
- Initiative: Seeing a problem to be solved and solving it or raising issues with proposed plans, methods or solutions.
- Thoroughness: completeness of proposals, plans and communications
- Mindset: Must be confident, flexible and credible.
- Persuade/Influence: Lead others to the right place, build credibility and use it to support and drive customers, partners and colleagues to the best outcomes
- Succinct: present material in the simplest form possible for quick understanding enabling fast decisions and analysis
- Targeted: explaining complex topics at the appropriate level of detail and vocabulary as necessary for the audience
- Domain: data engineering, demos, enablement, Customer Success, Support - a holistic view of taking a customer from day 0 throughout their customer lifecycle. Specific industry domain knowledge in one of marketing, sales, supply chain, usage analytics, finance
What you bring to the table:
- 3-7 years of experience, with some combination of:
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools as well as the Modern Data Stack (or modern data architectures)
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We're honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we're proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran's culture and what it's like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
TechnologyView all jobs at Fivetran