Sr Electrical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are looking for a new team member to join our engineering team as a Sr. Electrical Engineer.
We offer a competitive employment package:
- 12 Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Skill development
- Tuition and Training reimbursement
- Wellness programs with $ incentives
- Employee engagement activities
- 401(k) match; 100% vested
- Medical — Dental — Vision
A job with meaning in a company with purpose – INDUSTRY CAN DO IT!
Engineering design of power and control systems governing machine tool safety, motion, and functions. Ensure functional performance, with customer specification and regulatory compliance, of high precision machine tools. Conceptual and detail design of power, motion, and ancillary electrical equipment and components. Cross-functional system integration activities.
- Demands highly analytical thinking, organizational and conceptual skills in identifying, planning, and implementing a course of action to achieve goals, to include the ability to design, implement, improve, and maintain processes.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate in a cross-functional, team-oriented design environment.
- Requires ability to combine new and existing concepts applied to problem solving.
- Works with considerable freedom under general guidance to accomplish the tasks assigned.
- Requires ingenuity and creativity to translate ideas into accurate, controllable machinery.
- Requires sound judgment in selection of vendors, designs, components, etc., based on interacting criteria including performance, perceived value, and cost.
- Works regularly with patentable or proprietary information which must be protected from disclosure.
- Occasional travel to customer or vendor facilities which may be either domestic or international. Attendance at various seminars, conferences, trade shows or exhibitions may be required.
- Intermittent physical activity may be involved including walking, standing, reaching, and lifting less than 25 pounds.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in systems, electrical or related technical discipline.
- Master’s degree, desirable.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a technical discipline.
- Must possess technical knowledge of controls systems application to mechanical systems.
- Prior machine design experience.
- Prior industrial fluid power application experience.
- Prior software control of motion experience.
- CAD software experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and digital communication skills.
- High Voltage Power
- Servo Systems
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Low Voltage Control
- Power supplies
- Relay control
- I/O structures
- SCCR/Arc flash
- Standards & Safety
- Control calculations
- Component sizing
- Wiring Diagrams
- Cable systems
More about Fives, Inc.
The High Precision Machines Division of Fives specializes in the design and supply of various types of machines for numerous markets such as Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Rail, Shipbuilding, Energy, Space, etc.
The division has approximately 1,700 employees worldwide working in about 20 locations in Asia (Japan, Korea, China), Europe (France, Italy, UK, Germany), and North America (USA, Canada, Mexico).
Its offer ranges from machining, turning, milling, composite processing, laser welding & cutting, additive manufacturing, grinding, cutting tools and abrasive wheels, to filling machines and sealing systems. High Precision Machines also offers a range of services to support its customers throughout the life cycle of their installations.
Check out our webpage https://www.fivesgroup.com/high-precision-machines/grinding-ultra-precision to learn more about we do as an organization.
Fives Landis Corp.
16778 Halfway BlvdHagerstown, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?